Chapter Twelve.

Hailey's POV

A loud ringing alarm instantly wakes me up from my nap and I'm sitting up in bed as panic begins to wash over me from the sudden wake. After a couple seconds I feel a little more awake, a little more alert and begin to pay attention to the loud sound that's ringing throughout the house.

It's not his, it's not his alarm, I tell myself, attempting to get my heart out of my throat.

I toss the throw blanket off of me and slowly get out of bed and reach for the night stand as I listen closely to the alarm.

It's not the intruder alarm either meaning no one's in the house but I decide to play it safe still and make my husband proud and reach for Isaac's bedroom gun in the drawer and hold it beside me as I walk over to the door.

'Don't you ever take safety unless you actually feel like you're in danger,' his voice plays in my head and I immediately begin to feel sick to my stomach, nauseous. I can't tell if it's from the sudden wake up; the gun in my hand, the high anxiety or the pregnancy.

All of the above.

Placing my free hand on the door knob I begin to turn it and softly crack my door open to find a quiet dead house, there's no movement going on down the hall or down the stairs and it makes me uneasy about it for a second.

Where the hell is everybody at? When Isaac's alarm went off there were a dozen men storming the house with Dominic.

I slowly walk over to the stairway and the front door slams open causing me to jump and four tall beefy guys burst into the house, three of them heading towards the stairs, one stays downstairs guarding the front door with a gun in his hand.

I recognize the man that's in front of the other two guys that are making their way up, Vito, he's one of the main estate security guys.

He immediately reaches for the gun in my hand once he's reached me and the other two guys behind him are passing us walking down the hall, "we're not under attack," he puts my suspicion at ease, "but I suggest you get into a little more appropriate attire," he points to Isaac's big baggy shirt and my small shorts. "We head out in five."

I frown as light knocking begins to happen behind me, "where are we going?"

Vito doesn't say anything, he remains quiet and is looking behind me.

I turn to look with him when I hear the two men behind me knock for a third time on Isaac's parents bedroom door, a little more roughly this time.

Why isn't she answering?

"Bust it in already!" Vito raises his voice at the two men still standing at the door, shouting over the loud alarm. He looks back over at me, "the queen's presence is needed at Saint Frances immediately, along with yours. You're not to stay alone in the house."

My heart begins to pound in my chest as another wave of anxiety attempts to wash over me, "I-is everything okay?"

Vito never gets the chance to respond because the men behind me are kicking the door in a second late and it's slamming open.

"Wait!" I shout, causing the guys to come to a halt before they can rush in. "She could be indecent!" I say walking over towards them.

Both guys stay completely still looking in my direction or so I think, they're actually looking past me, towards Vito, waiting for his approval.

I glance over at him and he's quickly cocking his head to the side looking in front of him, "let her through first."

The men don't answer, they simply stand to the side allowing me to step through. I glance at the broken door as I enter the room and mentally scoff to myself, Carmelo won't be happy that the door has to be replaced, it's nearly broken in half.