Chapter Thirty Six.

Hailey's POV

I feel my entire body ache the second I attempt to wake up, my vision attempting to adjust to the bright lights in the room. It takes about a minute or so for my vision to clear up completely and I'm looking around the room to find my husband asleep on the edge of the bed, his hand hanging onto mine, as he leans forward in his chair.

I smile softly at the instant sight of him and squeeze his hand gently, caressing the top of his hand with my thumb.

He's quickly inhaling a deep breath a second later and is sitting up straight. "Hey.." his voice is hoarse.

"W-where is he?" I asked, referring to our son, my voice instantly cracking.

Isaac shakes his head, bringing my hand up to his lips, kissing it. "He's fine, you're fine, he's down in the NICU being monitored. I'll ask if they can bring him up in a little, or if we can go down there, okay?"

I nod instantly relieved that he's okay and feel my chest get immediately heavy at the sight of my husband.

He looks completely wrecked. There's dark circles under his eyes, his eyes are completely red from the lack of sleep I'm sure he hasn't got, which makes me feel guilty for waking him up just now, rather than letting him rest a little while longer.

"How you feeling?" His voice cracks, as he attempts to get rid of the rough edge.

I slowly begin to shake my head as cold waves wash all over my body, my chest suddenly feeling extremely tight as the memories from yesterday continue to reply in my head over and over.

There's a sudden warm heat around my throat where that man's hands were hours ago that's suddenly making it hard to breathe and I'm quickly inhaling a deep breath, my hands instantly flying up to my neck.

Isaac shakes his head as he reaches for my hand, wrapping his large one around mine, "he's not here, you're safe, babe. They're not gonna hurt you, you're okay."

Anymore. They can't hurt me anymore. Is what I want to say, but I can't find the energy to use my voice.

I feel my eyes immediately begin to burn as they start to fill up with tears, the events from yesterday playing over and over again.

I want it to be a blur just like the other times, I don't want to be able to remember everything, anything but I remember everything up until I'm waking up in Dion's arms.

I remember the sirens, I remember the strong scent of the smelling salts Dion used to bring me back to consciousness, I remember crying, yelling for Isaac before everything gets blurred and I'm going unconscious one more time.

I remember waking up in an extremely bright room, a handful of people hovering around me, the feel of someone holding my hand as the doctor gets near. I remember faces, movements, but I can't remember sounds, voices, except for his, Carmelo's.

I remember hearing his voice at the back of my head as everything went down, I remember his voice guiding me as I attempted to fight for my life.

"Hailey," Isaac gently squeezes my hand, bringing my focus back to him.

"I want to see him," I say softly. "I want to see my son."

Isaac nods, bringing my hand up to his lips, "we will baby."

I yank my hand away from him as I feel it begin to shake, my voice immediately cracking, "now! I want to see him right now!"

"Hail-"

"Now, Isaac!"

"Hey," he quickly gets up to his feet, hovering over the bed, his hands cupping my face. "Stop, breathe for me please."