Chapter Twenty Eight.

Isaac's POV

"Morning."

I look over my shoulder to find David, Hailey's father, stepping out of his house, two mugs in his hand.

"Morning," I say in return, taking one last hit of my cigarette and putting it out.

David slides the kitchen door close behind him and is walking over to where I'm sitting on his porch, handing me a mug of what I can only assume is coffee.

"You get any sleep?"

"Few hours," I tell him, reaching for the mug. "Thank you."

David takes a seat in one of the three porch chairs that are left, sitting to my right, placing his mug on top of a coaster on the table in front of us. "Hailey?"

"Asleep, she was out the instant we hit the bedroom. You got an early shift today?"

It's only 5:18 in the morning so I'm surprised to see that he's up already.

He shakes his head, "mid shift but my body's used to getting up early though. Ana hates it so I try to be as quiet as I can."

I nod bringing the cup of coffee up to my lips taking a sip out of it, to my surprise it tastes decently good.

"Hailey once mentioned that we drank our coffee the same so hopefully it isn't too bitter," he says beside me. "There's creamer in the fridge if you need it, it's some seasonal flavor shit though; it's Ana's."

I snort softly while placing the mug down on the coaster in front of me, "it's fine thank you."

"How you holding up?" He questions taking a drink from his own mug.

I shrug my shoulders looking out into his backyard, the sun is barely starting to rise so there's a faint glow in the horizon.

I needed to get out of the house last night after what happened with my dad, after reading the letter my mother left laying on the floor. I don't know when exactly it happened but I remember starting to slowly black out as the anger continued to crawl up my back.

I remember the air feeling fairly thin, struggling to breathe, the room, house, suddenly feeling small and next thing I know we're standing outside in the front yard with Hailey leaning over next to me, telling me to breathe, a couple of my men standing in the courtyard, watching me have a full on panic attack, blackout.

I remember Val coming closer towards us, concern written all over his face, his lips moving but no sound coming out. All I could hear was the sound of my own heartbeat as it continued to work on overload, muffling everything else out around me.

Hailey's voice eventually breaks through the muffle barrier, but she isn't exactly talking to me, she's talking to the men in the courtyard, commanding them as I become more and more alert of my surroundings.

I remember her taking my gun from my hand, looking down at my bloody bruised knuckles as she demands that everyone just give us our space, snapping her fingers at another one of my guys, yelling at him to bring her the keys to her challenger.

It was her idea to go for a drive, her idea for us to leave the house and give my parents, myself, some space away from one another.

Hailey actually goes back and forth with Val for a bit, one of my fathers high security.

I say my fathers because the second I took over I demoted him and made Beans my head of security. The two already didn't get along due to their own differences so when I made the switch it only made things worse for the both of them.