Chapter Seven.

Hailey's POV

Carmelo and I walk back upstairs a little after our morning conversation and I manage to get about another good three hours of sleep before I'm waking up to an empty bed a little before 9 am.

I know Isaac's routine well enough by now to know where he's at or who he might be with to go and freak out and pester him.

Instead I get out of bed and take a quick shower and get ready while I wait for Isaac to come back from his morning workout.

I manage to get my makeup done and straighten about half of my hair before Isaac is walking back into the room and is taking a quick shower himself.

About an hour later we're both showered and ready to go.

The butterflies in my stomach immediately begin to flutter like crazy when my husband walks out of his walk-in closet dressed in a pair of black slacks and a white button up shirt.

It's actually all he wears nowadays, fancy shirts, fancy pants, fancy suits, not that I mind the fancy attire, but Isaac was definitely a whole different man when he wore a nice pair of  slacks and a button shirt.

His demeanor and the way he carried himself instantly would change around people when he was in what I like to call his ''mafia attire'', he was definitely becoming a mini Carmelo.

We're about ten minutes away from the restaurant we're meeting my dad and Ana when Isaac's reaching for my hand that's on his lap, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"What's on your mind, beautiful?"

I shake my head and squeeze his hand in return.

"Hail-"

"I'm just thinking," I quickly said over him.

Isaac inhales a deep breath as he lowers the music down clicking the buttons on his steering wheel, "don't think about it, baby. If you start stressing it and freaking out it's gonna put me on edge, and I need you to be calm for the both of us today."

I nod and squeeze his hand again, "I know I'm sorry, I'm okay, I'm just overthinking it, we're okay."

Isaac smiles softly as he brings my hand up to his lips, placing a quick kiss on it. He definitely wasn't the type of person to get nervous, but telling my dad that he was about to be a grandpa was making him lose his shit.

It's actually why I suggested going out to eat in public rather than staying in, at home, where he can physically hurt him. I'm hoping he won't blow it out of proportion if we're out in public.

"Let me tell him," Isaac says softly as we pull into the restaurant parking lot, there's a spot open right next to my dads car. "Don't worry about it."

I shake my head no as Isaac puts his car in park.

We have to physically tell my dad that he's going to be a grandpa because stupid me being in such a hurry and mess- I forgot the onesie Angela made for him.

"He's my dad, I should be the one to tell him. Did you bring the bullet proof vest though?"

Isaac laughs softly through his nose, "it's in the trunk, should I put it on?" He jokes back.

I smile and shake my head no.

Isaac leans forward a second later and is pulling his gun out of his slacks, "here, I don't trust myself with it, if your dad holds me at gunpoint my natural instinct is gonna be to reach for it."

I smile and look over at him as I reach for his gun and stick it in my purse, "if we can get through your dad, babe, we can get through this," I smile over at him.