Chapter Thirty Five.

Dion's POV

Fuck.

I watch as my best friend angily leaves my side and storms back into the hospital room Red is currently staying in.

Fuck. Fuck.

"Is he serious about the curfew?" One of the many men who are standing behind me thinks out loud.

I turn around to face the small group, "it would appear so." I answered.

"He just saved a little girl from getting put on the black market last night, now he wants to start slaughtering them?" Fab frowns, if I remember correctly he's been around for about six years now.

I look over at his buddies standing next to him, all with the same confused pensive looks on their faces.

"We're not murdering kids," I say.

"With all do respect, Mr. Ricci," Goldilocks speaks up now. He's much older than Fabian, he's probably been around for about ten years.

It's honestly exhausting having to learn all these men's names, I never had a good memory to begin with so this position here really tests me on a daily.

"A curfew has no limits. No age. No gender. It's kill on sight."

"I know how a curfew fucking works, Goldi."

"Of course sir, I didn't mean-"

"Get the fuck out of here," I snarl, already getting into the same shitty mood Isaac is in. "Round up anyone you can and be in the parking lot in fifteen minutes like he said," I command. "I don't want to deal with his wrath right now. The faster we bring this mother fucked down the faster we get rid of this fucking curfew."

All seven men nod their heads, "yes sir," and take off, leaving me alone in the waiting area.

I inhale a deep breath and pull my phone out of my black jeans, noting that I have two miss calls from my girl and immediately smile at the caller ID. 'Babymama' with a pregnant emoji.

I quickly reply to her before calling Dom, "call you in 10 baby, gotta do some shit for your best friend."

Her reply comes in almost instantly as I dial out Dominic's number and I'm reading the preview message on the top of my screen. "Oh no what happened?"

I smile. She knows. She always knew something was wrong especially when I referred to Isaac as her best friend rather than ours.

"You really love aggravating me, don't you, Ricci?" Dom answers, clearly mad that I've woken him up from his nap.

I ignored his snarky comment, "how do I start a curfew?"

"I'm sorry, a what?" He sounds more alert than he did a second ago. "How long was I out for?!"

"Isaac- he wants to start the curfew, he wants everyone here at the hospital within the next half hour."

Dominic stays quiet but I can clearly hear him shuffling around in the background as he speaks up again, "I'll be there in 10, I'll get it started it"

"You don't even want to know why?"

"It doesn't matter why he wants it," he says. "His reasons will always be his reasons, regardless if he's thinking clearly or not, if he's right or not. As his underboss, his second in command, Ricci, it's your job to fulfill every command he throws at you no matter how ridiculous it may be."

"Yeah, but as his best friend it's also my job to steer him in the right direction, not let him go down the same road his father went."

"You are not his best friend in these types of situations, Dion! You are his right hand man, you stick by him through the good and bad, if he falls you let him fall, you let him learn to be a great leader on his own. You are there to have his back through everything regardless of the outcome."