Chapter Five.

Isaac's POV

"The hell is he doing here?" I fumed at the mere sight of Emiliano.

He's towards the back of the gym, standing with Jeremiah right behind him as Milo hangs onto two rails one on each side of him, even I can tell that he's in pain from where I'm standing. He shakes his head no as he looks down and Jeremiah's leaning into him, his lips begin to move as he speaks to him but I can't hear anything from the rock music that's playing through the speakers.

"He called me over to the house the day you and Hailey left," pops explains.

"For what?"

"For tea and cookies, Isaac, what the fuck else you think for.."

I snort at his comment and cross my arms in front of me, watching Milo struggle to take a step forward.

"I think it's sincere," pops comments beside me. I turn to my right to find him with his arms crossed along his chest as well. "I had him in rehab detoxing for an entire week."

"So he's on no medication what's so ever? He's completely sober?"

Pops shakes his head no, "he's not on any opioids or narcotics."

"He's smoking?"

Pops nods, "he still needs something to manage the pain, the bullets still pinching the nerve. Ciders making him herbal teas and creams to help relieve the pain temporarily. I'm waiting on his X-rays to see if the bullets shifted or not, I don't want him undergoing anything if we still have the same percentage as last year."

I incline my head forward towards where Sax is at, "has he made any progress?"

"Oh definitely, he couldn't stand last week let alone hold his own weight up. Jer's just there to make sure he doesn't fall over, he hasn't taken more than ten steps this week. He needs a support system, KP."

"He has his mom-"

"Other than his mom, Antonio. He needs friends to support him and push him when he's ready to give up."

I turned back to my dad, "that sucks, guess he should've made more friends than enemies huh?"

Pops is quickly unfolding his arms and is smacking me in the back of the head, "idiota, it's your friendship or your wife's," he says. "And I know for a fact that she won't hesitate to forgive him."

I feel my top lip immediately twitch as I turn back to Milo who has his arm around Jer now, "she already has," I grumble.

"Emiliano's an asshole no doubt about it kid, but so are you. If he can forgive us for his brother's murder then I don't understand why you won't forgive him for something as simple as stepping out of line."

"Because I don't want to," I quickly snark.

"Isaac-"

"I can't forgive him pops!" I blurt out and turn to walk back into the hall as I feel my chest instantly get tight.

Here it comes.

I fold my hands on top of my head and walk towards the elevator door as I feel the guilt try and creep up.

"ISAAC!" My dad shouts behind me.

I don't pay him any mind and keep ignoring him as I continue to move forward and the warehouse alarm is ringing a second later making my ears hurt from how loud it is down here and bars are quickly coming down in front of me, in front of the elevator, blocking the way out as they get bolted shut automatically.

I turn back to find my dad standing in the hallway with his hand on the panic button on the wall, the phone next to it ringing a second later.

I hated that he had the damn panic button on this level, my level, when it was originally only suppose to be on the lowest level in case any of his prisoners ever attempted to escape, but i knew why he did it, it made senses to have them on every floor because they would have to go through each level to get through the main entrance/exit.