Chapter Sixteen.

Isaac's POV

"Calm down, just breathe it out," Jer repeats himself for what feel like the twentith fucking time in the last five minutes. "Boss-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I blurt out and storm away from him, from the small crowd that's down here watching me, from my wife, who not only just laid her hands on me once but multiple times, repeatedly.

Her impact definitely has a bigger kick to it from the last time she connected her fist with my face. Thanks for that Pops.

I turn back around to find her standing in front of my men, my men that are ready to jump in front of her incase I even try to step out of line.

She's actually standing next to Elias as he leans down and tries to talk to her but she has yet to take her eyes off of me. She shakes her head the smallest cutest fucking scowl from earlier still on display, her fucking death stare.

I need her so fucking bad right now. I need to lose myself in her, bury myself in her before I lose hold of the little sanity that I have left and make stupid decisions- but I'm slowly losing grip of the man I fought so hard to be for her.

After the stupid stunt that I just tried I doubt that she'll let me come near her anytime soon, ima gonna have to really fucking grovel here. Hailey's a stubborn, stubborn woman, I can't begin to imagine how much I'm gonna have to work for her forgiveness now that she's hormonal.

Why the fuck is she even down here? How the fuck did she even get down here with out my authorization? Who the fuck let her in?

Breathe. My father's voice is instantly at the back of my head.

I want to rip my fucking skin off of me, I want to throw myself against a fucking wall, the floor, anything to ease this constant burning, itchy sensation that's inside of me. I hate this uncomfortable familiar feeling as the anger inside of me continues to spread throughout my body and the black out begins to take over. 

I watch all of my men go into high alert, especially Beanie and Jer as I take a step in Hailey's direction. Beans is actually now standing in front of her, shielding her with his body as Jer runs in front of me holding me back.

Am I really still that unpredictable that they would actually think I would hurt my wife? The mother to my child? My son?

"Come on boss, take a couple steps back."

I drag myself down here ever fucking day to protect her.

So that I don't have to constantly feel the burning sensation that ignites inside of me whenever I'm around her because I'm afraid of it coming out, afraid of taking my anger out on her when she begins to push me, when she begins to try and fix me, make me really grieve him, heal.

I exhaust myself every goddamn day so that the gears in my head aren't on full override when I'm with her and she can genuinely enjoy her husband's company without me having to drown in my own head, without me having to burden her.

"Get her the fuck out of here," I snarl in Elias direction.

He doesn't hesitate. He grabs my wife by the arm and is immediately pulling her back and dragging her out of the basement as his team of men follows him out leaving Jer and I alone.

I don't want Hailey down here because I'm afraid of hurting her, I would never hurt her physically. I'm afraid of hurting her emotionally and I promised myself and I that I would never do that ever again, but I can feel myself breaking. I can feel the last ounce of hope I have left leaving my fucking body as I watch her leave and the anger is quickly consuming me. I don't want her down here watching me strip the man that she fell in love with, the man that she married.