Chapter Four.

Hailey's POV

"Mrs. Matteo?" A male voice calls out from outside of the bedroom, followed along with some gentle knocking.

"One second!" I shout from the bathroom as I spritz myself with some body spray.

I switch the lights off and begin to head towards the bedroom door and open it to find Bevens standing out in the hallway.

He smiles at the instant sight of me, "your ride is here ma'am."

"Thank you, b," I smile. "Is the queen still cooking?"

"That she is," he smiles. "Don't worry, she knows you're heading out. Will you be long?"

I shake my head as I grab my purse from the bed, "two hours tops at least, maybe an hour, depending how social Angela's feeling."

"Ahh yes, please give her my best regards with the baby."

"I will," I smile. "Will you let me know if Isaac comes home before I do?"

"Of course, I'll shoot you a message."

I smile and thank Bevens one last time before I make my way downstairs. I think out of the entire family I'm the only one who texts him and I loved that. He actually gave me his number when I was fresh out of the hospital and Isaac had to go back to work, this way if I needed something he was only a message away.

B ended up texting me more than I did him, constantly checking up on me if I was awake, hungry, needing anything because I hardly left the room.

There's an instant smile on my face when I find a familiar face standing near the front doors.

"Ric?!"

He turns around to face me matching my grin with his own, "what's up baby Matteo."

I rush over to him and he immediately accepts me into open arms as I wrap my arms around him, "oh my god! How are you?!"

"Can't complain," he chuckles. "I'm alive, I'm here. Sorry if I smell I just left the warehouse."

I shake my head, pulling myself away from him to find him in workout clothes. He's wearing a white Nike compression shirt with a black zipper sweater and gray sweatpants.

"Spending a lot of time there aren't you huh? Pretty soon you and Isaac are gonna be just as bulky as Dion, Ric."

He laughs softly, shrugging his shoulders sheepishly, "heartbreak will do that to you."

I smile and place a hand on his arm, "I would rather you be in the gym 24/7 than snorting stuff up your nose."

He smiles softly and I see the sadness behind it, "have you talked to her?"

I shake my head, "not since before the honeymoon."

He nods his head quietly looking off to the ground and the hormones instantly make me want to cry at the sight of how heartbroken Patrick is.

Carmen had broken up with Patrick and officially cut him off from the last time I spoke to her, which I was a little surprised to see her number on my caller ID about a month ago.

Although things were patchy between us I was trying to make an effort to reach out to her after my recovery because I genuinely missed my best friend but she kept me at a distance still, ignoring almost all of my messages, not that I blamed her.

My father in law had turned her life completely upside down and even though it wasn't my place to apologize and fix what he had done I was trying my hardest to get Carmelo to let her return-the answer was always no.