Chapter Thirty Four.

Isaac's POV

I sit anxiously in the damn hospital chair, next to my wife's bed, nervously shaking my right leg up and down as I attempt to keep myself together, as I try to keep myself put together and not lose my shit for Hailey's sake.

I ignore my phone vibrating in my slacks, it's been ringing nonstop since I got to the hospital no doubt my family trying to get ahold of me or worse Hailey's father trying to figure out what happened.

I watch her sleep intensely, paranoid that I'm gonna lose her any second, having to remind myself to breathe every minute or so, she's fine, she's alive, she's okay.

I drop my gaze down to her now flat stomach, my anger instantly wanting to crawl up my throat.

They're fine. She's fine. The baby's fine.

Dion's voice continues to play in the back of my head. If it weren't for him I definitely would've blacked out the second I got to the hospital. I actually still can't believe I got here in one piece, I was in my car and driving over 100 mph the second Ric's stress call came in.

Valentine had given us the slip. He wasn't in Jersey like we would have hoped. Robsciotti's men were the only ones in New Jersey, we were about to pursue them when the stress call came in and my entire world stopped moving.

It was happening again. My girl was in danger and I was nowhere near by. I immediately got into my car and started heading towards her leaving my father and men behind.

Pops blew my phone up about ten minutes later and I answered it on the 8th fucking time, reminding me that I was no use to them if I ended up in the hospital for wreckless driving, that he wasn't far behind to slow the fuck down and breathe.

I couldn't.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. I couldn't do anything, I was running on override because next thing I knew I was running into the hospital, blacking out nearly half of the drive here.

Dion had the entire hospital heavily guarded with men by the time I got there but it wasn't enough for me, it wasn't enough for her so I had my men that were standing outside send out for more trucks, she needed more security.

No matter how much I try, I can't get his voice out of my head, I can't get the words Dion first told me the second I seen him.

She was bleeding.

I immediately rushed into the hospital room the second the words left his mouth and nearly wanted to fall on my knees when I saw Hailey lying unconscious on the bed, her round belly from this morning gone.

Placental abruption. She had placental abruption due to abdominal trauma and had to have an emergency C-section in order to save her and Isaiah's life.

It was too soon. It was too soon for him to be here; he still had weeks to go. This was not how everything was supposed to go. She was supposed to have a healthy normal delivery. She wasn't supposed to be put in danger, she wasn't supposed to get hurt, not again.

My son is here. I'm officially a father. He's here. He's alive. He's okay. He's currently down at the NICU being monitored to ensure everything goes okay and will probably have to be there for about a week or so, but he's fine, he's alive, Hailey's alive, they're both alive.

I continue to shake my leg up and down as I hear the door open and close behind me. Dion and the hospital staff are the only ones allowed in here, they're actually the only ones allowed on the floor, I have the entire floor shut down.

My parents are not allowed up here. Her dads not allowed up here. Other families are not allowed up here unless my men are escorting them to the room they need to get to.