Chapter Thirteen.

I know I know, I'm surprised that I'm updating so fast so quick too lmao for those of you who don't follow me on Snapchat we officially got our own house again and have been living there for about almost three weeks now so I'm finally starting to feel like myself again and get back on track with my writing. I don't normally do this but I would like to dedicate this chapter to my baby Elsa, idk her username by heart but I'm sure you'll see her in the comments lol this is me proving that I don't just like to hurt you guys after the last two chapters lol enjoy babies I love you guys❤️

Isaac's POV

The alarm on my phone wakes me up at the crack of dawn ringing at 5:30 in the morning, an hour earlier than I normally wake up; lord knows I'll need the extra hour to drag myself out of bed today.

Reaching to the left of me I grab the phone and turn the alarm off, grateful to have Hailey still soundly asleep next to me. She's actually cuddled up to me, snoring softly, her arm draped over my stomach.

I smile for about a second and place a kiss on the top of her head and begin to scroll through my notifications and messages. There's over nearly eighty of them, most of them are from my men. A very unsettling feeling in my chest begins to form as I let that sink in, as I replay yesterday in my head for the 100th time.

My father is gone, these are now my men, they are no longer my dads, I'm in command, I'm in control and that scares me shitless.

Instant chills run up the back of my neck as I dim my brightness on my screen so it doesn't hit Hailey on the face and scroll through every single message, replying to ones that actually need a response; no more ignoring shit now.

I have messages from the tech team, sending me surveillance footage of men going in and out of the warehouse during lock down, along with a list of names of who they are and tracking locations, most of them just going out for a bite, to the store, or grabbing a breath of fresh air, smoking a cigarette.

I have multiple messages from Jer, my trainer, or my anger manager coach like Nate likes to call him sending me updates on Emilino's physical therapy log, along with who's in and out of the shooting range, updates on some new recruits.

There's messages from Leo giving me updates on a couple guys down in the infirmary. Messages from Beans from who's down in the cells, but most of all there's messages from fucking Dominic, a fuck load of them that it starts to overwhelmed since he is, or was I should say, my fathers right hand man and the night shift boss. He updated Pops on any and everything that happened after hours.

I grab Hailey's hand and slowly lift it off of me and lay it down gently and sit up at the edge of the bed rather than stay laying down. I'm starting to feel like I can't breathe due to the weight and sudden pressure that is on my chest.

Don's last few messages are actually from exactly over an hour ago, giving me a list and instructions on what to do when I wake up, telling me not to come into the warehouse yet because we of course need to have our morning meeting, just like Pops and he always did, which will of course be done here at the estate because he doesn't want me showing up to the warehouse unless I'm ready to take everything on because as The Boss now I need to go make an appearance and my opening 'speech' and hype my men up, get them ready for a war that I'm about to send them into.

He informs me that he's canceled all the routes and cleared everyone's morning schedule so that everyones is present by the time I show up to the warehouse, ending his long message thread with, "I'd advise you to get another phone, separate your work from your personal business, I'll see you at 8 on the dot."