Ch.13 - One If By Land, Two If By Sea

"Mom, calm down! " I exclaim. *Samarah sharply inhales and exhales* "Very well then. Explain yourself." She says to me. "Devin told me." I mumble. "Devin !? Who is Devin?" Samarah asks, confused as to what I was talking about.

*Genesis takes a deep breath* "Ok well...uh...remember the guy I've been telling you about...kind of ?" I ask her. My mother still looks puzzled. "The one I've been going to parties and dates with ?" I then add. She nods her yes, trying to make sense of what I was trying to explain. "That's Devin." I verify.

Samarah tilts her head, still struggling to understand. "Ok? But how does he have knowledge of Morris and I Da-..." She goes on to ask. "Devin is Morris' son..." I quickly state, scared of what she might then say.

"WHATTT!? YOU'VE BEEN SEEING DEVIN GORDON !?" She yells. "Mom! Be quiet! " I quietly shout. Samarah runs over to the sofa and takes a seat.

"How does Devin even know of his father and I's past? " My mom then asks. "From my understanding, his mother informed him." I tell her. "MOTHER?! Well how does his mother know ?!" Samarah questions. "Morris." I one wordily answer.

My mom stands up and paces back and forth in room, holding her head and whispering to herself. "Mom? Are you okay? You're starting to look a little pale." I utter. She turns to look at me.

"No more." She mumbles, with eyes full of panic. "What?! " I ask, confused. "NO MORE! You're not allowed to see this boy again do you understand me!? " My mom shouts. "WHAT?! WHY!? " I shout back. "Because I said so !" She tells me. "THAT'S NOT how this works! YOU owe me a proper explanation !" I yell at her, shocking her with my hostility.

*Genesis breathes heavily and angrily*

"Tell me what happened with you and Devin's dad !" I demand. *Samarah shakes her head no and sits back down on the sofa* "It's not important. There's nothing to tell." She mumbles to herself. "I don't believe you !" I angrily express.

My mom stands up once again. "This is ridiculous! Just do as I said and stay away from the damn boy !" She demands.

I stare my mother in her eyes with the most deadliest stare. "Or what ?" I grumble. "If I catch you anywhere near that boy or his wayward family...so help me God Genesis." She utters before walking out of my room and slamming the door.

I was beginning to resent my family for always being so secretive.

*Ding Ding*

*Genesis looks down at her phone*

TEXT MESSAGES

Devin: Have you decided whether you'll take me up on that offer yet? I really want to make this up to you.

Me: ...

I took minutes to respond, but when I did...

Me: Definitely. You owe me a great time. Pick me up at 8 and you better not stand me up again...or else tonight would've been the last time you would have ever gotten the chance to touch me 😉

Devin: Trust me, It's not lol😂

"You better stick to your word this time...or else I might actually consider listening to my mom." I whisper to myself.