Ch. 17- In For It

ROOFTOP AT EXCHANGE PLACE

Devin and I stood by the glass rails that wrapped around the restaurant we visited. The food was amazing, but the view was even better than any meal you could ever consume. He stands next to me, holding my hand as I rest my head against his arms. "I want to know what you would like to do today. I've always taken charge in choosing what we do or where we go when we go places." He says to me. I giggle a bit. "That's because I don't mind doing the things you want to do. I'm always down to do whatever you want." I reply.

Devin looks down at me smiling. "Whatever I want? " He asks me. "Yeah." I answer, not realizing where he was going with his question. "So, If I bent you over this rail right now in front of all these people..." He begins to say. "NOT anything outrageous and dirty like that." I intervene.

Devin cracks up with laughter. "Hey, you said you were down to do whatever, not me." He mumbles. "That's all you think about throughout the day I bet." I voice, rolling my eyes. "That is definitely not true." He rebuttals. "Yes it is." I argue. "And why do you think that? " He asks me. My answer came to me fairly quick. "Other than your constant dirty jokes and incapability of keeping your hands off of me, it's because one, you're a male and guys can never manage to think properly with their brains, but somehow can only manage to think perfectly with their dicks." I finish. Devin jerks his neck at my statement. "Thinking perfectly with our dicks is crazy." He mumbles to himself.

"Just saying." I add. "ANYWAYS! " Devin interrupts, hinting we should change the topic. "Since we're going with whatever I choose, I'm thinking we should try something adventurous." He says, thinking out loud. "Adventurous like what? " I ask him. "Depends..." He pauses. "On? " I further question. "If you're afraid of heights or not." He answers. My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach. "Excuse me?? " I put question to. Devin side eye's me and laughs. "I'll take that as a yes." He says in the midst of his laughter.

"No I'm not! " I lie. For some reason I felt pressured into trying to impress him. "Oh really? Then let's go sky diving." He suggests. "You have to book those kind of things ahead of time." I counter respond. "Not when your family has money." He denies. "But they might have a tight schedule." I then blurt out, trying to find a way out of this. "Genesis, If you're scared of heights, then just say that. Stop trying to impress me." He whispers in my ear with a smile on his face.

I stood still, speechless. He always manages to figure out my thoughts and feelings without me actually coming forth and saying what it is. Am I just that easy to read ??? Or is he just that good of a mind and body language reader??

Devin walks away from me; making his way back to the car, and my eyes just follow.

SANTIAGO RESIDENCE

*Samarah calls Genesis' phone for the 36th time in a row*

"You mean to tell me that you still think that her phone is just 'dead'? " Charles asks in air quotes. "Charles, please. She'll pick up eventually. I know she will." Samarah tries to convince him. He was no longer going for it. In fact he never was in the first place. "I'm calling Christian." Charles divulges.

Samarah spins around immediately; ending her call, and snatches her husbands phone with quickness. "You will NOT involve Christian, the cops, or ANYONE ELSE of that matter in this situation. DO YOU HEAR ME!? " She hollers at him. "AND WHY NOT?! WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS SO LIGHTLY SAM!? " Charles hollers back. "Because there was once a time when we were BOTH her age and got caught up doing stupid shit that we know we shouldn't have been doing! " She shouts back. "ORRRR she's with that Goddamn Devin boy! " Charles roar. "AND SO WHAT IF SHE IS!? " Samarah screams to the top of her lungs while stomping her foot down.