Ch.23 - Expect The Unexpected

"If that's the fucking body guard, he sure is hell isn't doing his job." Devin grunts, devilishly staring at the two as they converse. "What do you mean? " Keilan asks, taking a peak as well.

*Keilan starts to laugh* "Devin, relax. She probably needed his help." He says. Devin stares at him with the blankest stare. "Don't piss me off Keilan. That's why they have fucking nurses." Devin ignorantly responds, getting ready to go into the room. Keilan grabs him. "Wait! Bro. Damn!" Keilan murmurs. "What?!" Devin shouts with a whisper. "Listen bro, don't go in there acting all jealous and like you have no sense. Remember how things ended with you two. It was utter chaos. Don't bring that trauma back to her...especially when you don't know her condition at the moment...Despite if she looks fine." Keilan drills into his head. *Keilan let's go of Devin*

*Devin inhales and exhales sharply*

"You're right. Okay, I'm just going to go see how she's doing and talk to her for a little bit. Now isn't the time to talk about what happened, but I need to let her know how much I love and care about her." Devin tells Keilan. " I guarantee you won't fucking DARE!" an unknown voice grunts from behind them. Devin and Keilan both turn around immediately to see who was dropping in on their conversation.

And to their surprise, Charles stood just a few feet away from them with a bandaged arm and bloodshot red eyes.

"FUCK." Devin and Keilan both mumble to themselves.

Charles glares at the two with looks of death. As he begins to speak, it's obvious to both devin and Keilan that he had been drinking. It even looked as if he were crying. "Listen here....DEVIN. I'm going to tell you this....ONE time...and after this I won't repeat myself. Do you hear me?" Charles begins to grumble, slowly stepping closer to the boys. Devin stares at him with furrowed eyebrows. "STAY...AWAY...from my damn daughter, got it? " Charles grunts, running his hands through his hair, taking in deep breathes with his eyes closed.

Devin sizes him up. "What ??" He snarks. Charles reopens his bloodshot red eyes and stares Devin in his. "I don't even have to ask. I know you had something to do with my daughter getting hit by that car. You've yet to deny it." Charles tells him in a unusual calm tone yet intimidating tone. Devin's anger begins to consume him, but he just couldn't find the words to say as Charles spoke recklessly to him. It's almost like his body wouldn't allow him speak.

Charles takes a seat in the nearest chair, pulling a small flask out of his jacket and sipping from it. He looks down at the ground, then back up to Devin. "I'd be lying if I told you my daughter hasn't changed in the worst ways ever since you came into the picture. Her life is spiraling out of control and she doesn't even see it. You're to blame." Charles mumbles from where he sat, taking another sip. "I don't know what it is...about you.....but some for some reason, my daughter just can't stay away from you....and I know she's not going to. She's just like her fucking mother." *Charles tightens his jaw and stares back down at the ground*

Devin looks at Charles' arm and realizes its starting to bleed through the bandages. He looks back at Charles just before he begins to speak again. "If you really care about my daughter...you'd stay away from her. You and I both know you're no good for her. You'll just end up breaking her heart, or hurting her...just like your father did to her mom." Charles groans, slouching over.

Charles' words and comparison of Devin to his father, punctured Devin's ears like a needle through a pin cushion. Then all of a sudden...Devin's face goes blank. Physically he was there, but mentally, you could tell he was gone.

Keilan looks to Devin and realizes how dead inside he seemed. "Devin ?" Keilan murmurs. Devin doesn't respond. Before Keilan could say anything else to him, he walks away. Keilan stands in place as he watched Devin walk through the double doors and disappear into the crowd of nurses that passed by. Keilan instantly becomes outraged and confronts Charles.