Ch.16 - Make It Right

A FEW HOURS LATER... (DEV'S POV)

After a few rounds of sex, Genesis was out cold. As tired as I was, I just couldn't sleep. All that ran through my mind was all the reasons I could possibly conjure up for why she and I being involved is such a problem. I can't lie, I struggled to think of anything logical...other than my fathers past life...whatever that may consist of. But what would that have to do with me?

*Devin turns his head, and watches as Genesis sleeps*

"I see you Genesis.... I see you. I see your vulnerability." I whisper to her, combing her hair behind her ear. Before tonight, I've never seen Genesis as vulnerable as she was tonight. I could obviously tell that she and her parents are close. If they weren't, then what her father said to her wouldn't have bothered her so much. I can't imagine how she really feels right now...I could barely imagine what it's like to even be close with my dad.

Regardless, I'm glad she picked up the phone to call me.

*Devin pulls Genesis closer to him and holds her tight, kissing her on the forehead*

"Dammit Genesis!... Why did I ever agree to that fucking bet in the beginning ?" I whisper into the atmosphere, staring up at the ceiling. "If I knew it would be like this, I swear I would've never agreed to it. I really like you... I just-...* Sighs deeply* I wish I would've just let this happen naturally." I continue. *Devin takes a deep breath, stroking Genesis' head as he exhales* "You're going to hate me if you ever find out about this. And...I'm scared that you will."

Maybe I should tell her...that way it wouldn't be too late to fix it. But.....what if she doesn't give me the chance to explain myself? What would there even be to explain? How could you possibly explain to the girl that you really want to be with, that in the beginning of you guy's love story, you were just in it for the gimmicks? That you played into a bet with your friends just to see which one of us would be able to sleep with her first. But then after a while... the feelings that you weren't supposed to catch was caught and is real. How?

My thoughts harassed me for as long as I laid there. I felt like complete shit! How could this be? A one time thing turning into a every time thing. It wasn't supposed to be like this and yet it is. We were never supposed to catch feelings! We were never supposed to get this attached! Or attached at all! At least not me...But yet...I have.

I slowly bend my head to kiss her on her forehead. *Peck* *Peck* *Peck*

"Everything inside of me wants to tell you the truth so bad Genesis. But...I just don't want this to end. Not yet." I whisper softly out in the open. If only there was a way to rightfully explain that it may have started out as a bet, but now it's no longer that. In fact, its more than that.

*Inhales sharply. Exhales deeply*

"I'm sorry Genesis..." I let out. *Genesis begins to fidget*

"Hmm??..Sorry about...what? " She faintly asks in a child like manner, struggling to open her eyes. She and I lock eyes after a short while. From there, I froze. "Tell her Dev! Now's your chance! " One set of thoughts said. "Don't tell her! You'll regret it! " says another. My head felt like it was going to explode. And then...

She stared at me with narrow, exhausted eyes. Then after a while, without giving it much thought..."Genesis, I have to tell you something." I blurt out. "MMMMM! Tell me whatttt?? " She whined. "I need you to look at me. This is serious." I mumble, clenching my fists.

I have to do this. I can't wait any longer. If I do...I really might lose her.

Genesis pushes herself up towards to the head of the bed, making it to where her face would meet at a reasonable level with mine. "I did-...*Devin pauses* I took part in something that I'm not proud of when I met you. Something I deeply regret and wish I could take back." I tell her. I couldn't even bare to stare directly into her eyes, but I did.