VI. In-Laws

Yoomin take out groceries out of its bag and put it in a appropriate places when the front door cracked opened. Dooshik walk through and stopped when he saw her. He looked at the groceries and almost walked back upstairs when she stopped him first

"I buy you alcohol cans. Did you like beer?" he looked at her "okay" he said and leave. Feeling used to it now, Yoomin ignored him and leave to her room. Taking off her clothes and then change into T-shirt and short. Laying down on her back, she started to scrolled through tiktok short videos.

She was doing it for a long time when message came through. Opening it, her heart almost stopped when it's come from Mincheol.

Wanna hang out tomorrow?

She replied with 'site's and he doesn't reply anymore. Yoomin smiled at that and exit the apps. She come back to her tiktok and continue watching it until someone knocked on the door.

Surprised at his sudden visit, Yoomin opened the door. Dooshik is standing there, arm cross "get ready in an hour"

"where are we going?"

"my parents want to have dinner together" he said making Yoomin eyes widen a bit

"seriously....?"

Dooshik huffed and look at her "just get ready. It's not like you never meet them" he said

"but I never meet your stepmother"

She can saw him getting a bit tense up hearing that. Dooshik divert his gaze "I am there as well" he said and turns

"really, just get ready" he said again and leave. Yoomin watches him leaving and get back inside. Yoomin take out the newly dress and decide to dress. She went to the bathroom and take a shower.

After taking a shower for 20 minutes, she got out with towel wrapped around her body. She dried herself and wore the dress. Checking on the mirror and proud at the result.

The dress really hug her body curve. The dark blue color also make her skin colour popped out. Yoomin went to the mirror before wearing make-up. She goes all out for sure. Yoomin wore perfume with strawberry scents and take a selfie, sending it to Suha before went out her room. She went downstairs and saw Dooshik already there, sitting on the couch. His arms and legs spread while he read a book.

"I'm ready" she said and Dooshik stand up. He looked at her a bit before turning and leave first. Yoomin turn off all the electricity and went out as well, wearing black high heel. They get inside his car and he drove to where the promise place is.

They sat down at empty table and waited for his parents. He was leaning back on the chair, legs and arms cross. He looked at the entrance without saying anything. Yoomin glanced at him a bit and speak up

"how are your parents like? Its been awhile since I last meet your dad"

"still the same. Maybe a bit more childish"

She snorted "yeah really? That's funny" she said as he stay silent "what about your stepmother?"

"...." he stay quiet a bit.

"not good. I wasn't even close to her" he said and take out cigarette. Yoomin looked at that and grab his hand

"don't smoke here" she said eyes looking at the two child nearby their desk "there are kids here, you know" she said, stopping him.

He yanked his hand off hers and put it back inside his pocket. He hissed at that but doesn't say anything further. Yoomin put her hand back to her side and take out her phone.

How are you nowadays?

Mincheol texted her. She replied

"good and you?"