XXIX. The First

I sat down, waiting for the guy to arrived. I couldn't help but getting nervous, worrying about what he might say when I asked his opinion on it.

Yesterday, I don't see Dooshik at home at all. Even when I leave the house earlier, I couldn't see his car anywhere. I guess...he doesn't come home yesterday. But where did he sleep at? I thought....he doesn't really have any friends so did he sleep at Haneul house? If not, did he went back to his parents house? No way that's happen.

He hates that house. If not that too then, did he went to the hotel? By himself?

I shake my head out of the many ridiculous thoughts and patiently waited for Haneul. My fingers tapped on the table in rhythm as I am trying to calm myself down. I couldn't afford to be overwhelmed by my emotions right now.

But that's not the only problem. I don't even know how to talk about and what to ask. I just did it without thinking much and now I can't regret it. Also I...dont want to be disappointed with what he might said.

"Sorry, I am a bit late" Haneul pulled the chair in front of me before sitting down with sorry smile. I shake my hand as sign of it's okay before calling for the waitress.

"What do you two want to have today?" she handed us menu. Haneul looked at it for a sec and ordered his food, waiting for me to make decisions.

"I will just have hamburger and French fries" she jotted it down before leave to the kitchen.

"so...what's up?" Haneul speaking up first.

"I....want to talk about Dooshik" Haneul looked at me with head tilt to the side a bit. "About Dooshik?" I nodded at his words before looking away, feeling embarrassed.

"I don't know much about him" I said, fiddling with my finger.

"not a surprise. He never really talked about himself" Haneul clasped his hands together, putting it in front of his chest with thinking expression.

"what do you want to know?"

"d-did he ever talk to you about his feelings?"

"his feeling? Sometimes I guess but he never actually are. I just can guess his feelings based on his expression most of the times" Haneul said before the waitress come to us with our orders.

She put it down on front of us and leaves, leaving us to talk.

"did... He ever talk to you about me?" Haneul looked up at me, chuckling "that's will be wonderful if he did. I mean, he never did talk about me about anything"

"o-oh...." feeling dissapointed. Sure....why would he talk about me to his friend right...

"but I can see his actual emotions behind his mask" Haneul added seeing me getting quiet. Haneul sip on his  drink before speaking up again "however, I couldn't talk about it. I don't think he want me to talk about it" Haneul give me a sorry smile, probably feeling bad about hiding it.

"it's okay. I get it"

"did you know that he actually a doctor?" Haneul asked making me surprised about it.

"what? He told me that...."

"he lied about it. I mean.... He would do that. Actually he is a doctor but he quit after an accident"

"what accident?"

".....he...accidently make mistake during operation and that's kill one of his patient"

"what?" my eyes wide open. I was shocked hearing it.

"and that's patient is someone he cares about" Haneul trailed off, not looking at me anymore. "she is someone...." he stopped and my breath hitched hearing it was a girl. That's patient is a girl. Is she....his girlfriend?