XI. Big Dogs

Yoomin Pov

As expected, our door were burst open.

"good morning my babies!" she shouted and step back a bit seeing Dooshik shirtless. She chuckled and smirked "having a great night yesterday?" I groaned and shushed her, acting

"mom! That's not cool!" she laughed and nodded understand "okay, I understand. Wear your clothes and let's eat together" she said an leave us.

I looked at Dooshik before laughing "I told you aren't I?" he chuckled and cross his arms "really predictable" He said and stand up. He ruffled his hair and draw the curtain opens, hitting my eyes with sunlight.

I watched as the sun reflected on him making his face features more sharper than usual. He really are handsome. His body too. I get up as well "I use bathroom first" I said and get inside.

I brushed my teeth and use face wash. After that, I take shower and wear a new clothes. Dooshik used after me and he come out not long after that either. We headed down together.

As we sat down, I can felt and saw my parents big grins.

"Yoomin, do you know that Kuma are getting well? He is coming home today" Mom said and my eyes wide open, happy at the news.

Kuma is my family dog. He unfortunately got cancer but thankfully he managed to fight it for a month and they finally can leave the clinic.

"you can go and pick him up" dad said and she nodded "but my car...." her dad looked at her with sighed

"your husband as well" she looked at Dooshik who looked completely unfazed. How can he be completely prepared for everything?

He continue eating his breakfast and soon he done first.

"Hurry up, let's go" he said and smiled at my parents "we will go and pick him up" he said and walked out, waiting for me in the car. Dad looked at me "you should walked Kuma as well. At the same time, you can bring Dooshik out on a date" he suggested and mom agree to it

"that's good idea. Go ahead, Yoomin" she said. I get up and put my dishes inside the sink before walked out the house. I walked to the car and get inside. He was there, scrolling his phone.

He put down the phone and drive to the animal clinic as I show him. "your parents say anything?" he asked.

"Yeah.... They suggested we went on a date" Dooshik nodded "do you want to?" Im kind of impressed at how Dooshik actually always asked for my opinion on this things. He quite a gentleman if I had to say myself.

"I'm cool with it" I replied "then, let's go" he said and focused on the road. "if you are uncomfortable, think of it like hanging out" he adds making me looked at him. His eyes at front but my inside warmed up.

I wonder if he always like this. At first, I thought he just rude jerk but slowly I find his attractiveness. He always reassured me and helped with everything. Just like that time when I don't have enough money. Even though sometimes his words are harsh.

He gave advised a lot too. During lecture, sometimes he would stopped teaching and told us to keep working hard cause we can do it. However, people don't really noticed that. They rarely talked about it. The only gossip they talked about is his looks and how scary he is.

I was like that too at first so I can't say anything but I slowly see that he wasn't really bad person. "do you get it?" he asked again. I nodded and smiles "yeah sure. Thank you" also this time too. He helped me a lot. He helped me to make my parents happy even I know that he not really into acting like this cause it bothersome.

We had to make up lies on top of another lie. "thank you" words left my mouth. He glance "for what?" I glance at him too "for everything. You did your best in this acts" Dooshik chuckled "I told you. I respected your parents" he said and the rides went quiet.

<At the animal clinic>

I lift Kuma up in the air and spin around with him. I was happy!

"Kuma now can go home" the doctor said with smile and patted Kuma before leaving. Kuma who obsess with me followed us out the clinic and we get him inside the car. 

"where should we bring him?"

"I know this park" I said and put in the address on the GPS. He drive to the place with no complaints. Soon, we arrived. We walked through the park and look for shelter spot.

"you want to try and held his leash?"

"I don't know about dogs. I never had one" he said and I laughed "it's okay. Take your time" I said and handed him the leash. Kuma who always has been a good boy just tag along Dooshik.

They went on laps around the park while I sat down. I watched them with unconscious smile on my face. I felt happy. As they are in their own world, I also on my own world. I don't even realize that a dog sniffed me.

When I come to my sense, my eyes widen and frantically  stepping back. I had my trauma with big dogs. My breath become unstable and my head went buzzy. The dog tongue hanging out like a hungry beast and I stopped breathing.

My foot shaking and I lost my balance. I fall on the ground, eyes glued to the big dog.

"Yoomin!" I heard and someone step in front of me. He grab the big leash and pulled him away before the owner of the dog came back. The owner looked at him worried and looked at me who was on the ground, breathing heavily

"if you can take care of your own dog, don't keep it around!" Dooshik shouted with irritated face. He glanced at Yoomin before gesture the owner to leave. He crouched down on his knees.

Dooshik grab my face making me looked at his face instead of the dog.

Third Person Pov

Dooshik stares into her eyes with calming smile and hid other hand was patting her back, softly. Kuma was laying next to them but no one paid attention.

"It's okay, Yoomin.... Everything is fine.... The dog are gone" her hand was shaking badly so he hold her hand instead patting her back and smiled. He can felt his heart aching at the vulnerable sight.

"you are strong" he whispered and she hugged him tightly. Her body shaking in his embracement but he doesn't let go. His body warmth are transfer to her. "D-dooshik...." she whispered, tears wetting his black T-shirt.

"don't be afraid. I'm here.... I won't let the dog come near you anymore, I promise" Dooshik promised a promise that he had no ideas if he able to keep. It's not like they are going to be together forever.

They embraced each other for a long time before she let go. Teary eyes staring in his and she sniffed "y-you helped me again...." Dooshik brushed her hair behind and smile "I'm your hero aren't I?" he let go the hands "sorry that I'm not noticing earlier" yoomin shake her head "don't do that. You save me and that's great" she said and stand up with his helped.

Dooshik doesn't forget to drag Kuma as well. They drove their way home. "did you scare of big dogs like that?" Yoomin nodded "I had trauma with them. One of them....used to bite me and I almost died from it" she said looking down on her hand where the scar is.

"I almost lost all my blood but thankfully someone comes and save me before I lost all my blood"

Dooshik grab her hand and caress the scar himself. "It's look painful" he said not taking his eyes off the road.

"did they sew it?" he asked as he is medical professor. "I guess. I'm not even awake at the moment" he take off his hand and put them on the steering wheel.

"let's not go at dogs park anymore" he said again and they ride went silence like usual.

She was glad for everything he did. More things that change her opinion on him. He really wasn't like what people been saying.

-to be continue-