XVI. stepmother

Yoomin Pov

"As long you respect the boundaries, me and Yoomin will be okay with you here" Dooshik said. His dad looked over at me and him before nodding "sure" he answered shortly and I went to show them their room.

I went back downstairs and found Dooshik sitting down on the dining table chair. "what are you doing?" I asked him, approaching.

"nothing" he said and stand up. His body facing me and he looked at me "are they already in their room?" I nodded, answering.

"what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't know yet...why?"

"do we really have to cook for them?"

"then we can at least order them some foods"

"okay" Dooshik answered.

"you did it then. I will be in room instead" he said and left. I pulled out my phone and start to order the foods for all of us. I felt bad actually to just do that so I made cocktail and omelet as well.

After I done getting the table ready, I called for them to come downstairs and have a early dinner together. I was busy fixing the dining table when I heard them coming down. They were silence to each other even when they sat down. Dooshik doesn't even looked anywhere other than down. He doesn't seem like enjoying the moment at all. I sighed quietly at the reaction and try to smile to at least brighten the atmosphere.

"Have you two ever come here before?" I asked, curious about it myself.

"No. We haven't. It's not like he want to" Dooshik's dad answered before grabbing his chopstick. He started eating first before Dooshik.

"oh really?.... I guess I can get it"

"why didn't you leave to live by yourself?" his dad asked.

"well....my parents doesn't think that I am capable of living with myself....its become worse after my brother actually live abroad" I explained, reminiscing the memories of how protective my parents are.

"they really love you" uncle chuckled, looking down on his plate "glad that Hyung have a cute little family" uncle talking about my father. His name is Kang Hyung.

Uncle and him used to be business partner but uncle become more successful than dad. Even though that, they still are in contact but uncle then move to live in Japan instead.

I'm glad to know that dad and uncle relationship doesn't become apart even though they stopped meeting always like before. "Your family are lucky, Yoomin" someone interrupted.

I looked at the person with confused expression as she say that.

"Your father literally on his knee back then, you know. He almost become bankrupt" she said chuckling before sipping on her drink.

"he literally pathetic. I felt bad and sad, you know" my fists clenched on my side. Why is she talking about my father like that?!

"If your uncle wasn't there to help, you and your family probably be homeless by now" I stand up and banged my fist on the desk, glaring fiercely at her. I really wish to cut her throat open right now.

You can insult me as much you want but not my parents!

Dooshik stand up as well and looked at his stepmother in the same expression as me "you shouldn't forget your position as well. Don't forget that you are slut who are so disgusting. Seducing a man who just lose his wife?!" Dooshik's dad stand up and slapped him right away.

"That not how you should speak to your mother!!"

"My mother dead!" Dooshik groaned and eyes almost popped out in anger "talk about my mother again and I swear, I will kill you and this low wife of yours" he said and walked out the house.