XII. Compliment

Yoomin Pov

I sighed as I looked at the assignment that Suha send me. Apparently the girl who been covering for Dooshik while he absent gave us assignment today. Me and Dooshik actually taking a leave after receiving permission. My excuse is that my brother is getting married in Canada which usually doesn't worked but with Dooshik helped, it's passed.

I'm not sure what is his excuse but he was given permission as well. We decided to come back and even take leaves because mom really been sulking with me because I don't called her.

She thought I forget about her so that's why we had to rushed back home. At least she won't be upset anymore. I really told him that I can go back myself but he insisted to tag along.

"assignment?" he asked, walking in with Kuma in his arms. I nodded, looking up at him with sad gaze "I think I'm going to die" he rolled his eyes and set Kuma down.

"don't be dramatic. You won't die" he said and grab his towel. He went to the bathroom so I guess he is showering. I turned back on my laptop and start searching about common sign of heart cancer. That's is the title for the assignment. However, theres not much in the internet.

"Dooshik!" I shouted and he doesn't replied, probably he doesn't heard it. I wait for him to come out but before that, I play around with Kuma first. I rubbed his stomach before Dooshik leave the bathroom. He is patting his hair dry

"can you send me to library nearby?" I asked, needing books for this assignment. He nodded "yeah sure" he said and fix his hair "let's go" he said and left the room first. I fix my hair and  grab my stuff before followed him as well.

<At library>

I was literally sitting down next to my professor. Dooshik was reading some medical books next to me. I was busy looking through the books while writing them down as well. My phone rang and I answered it, putting on my earphones.

"Are you done?" Suha asked.

"not yet but on the way"

"I kind of miss our professor, you know. He doesn't give us this much assignment at least" I chuckled hearing that

"who told you to hates him? Now you had to pay the consequences"

"not consequences! You stealing him away" she joked and I laughed but quietly before I get kicked out.

"sorry but I need his help first"

"yeah, yeah, he is your husband after all"

"on paper" I corrected her.

"yeah say that thousand of times" she said and groaned "anyways, I need to go! Bye!" she hang up after saying bye. I put down my phone, feeling my side getting stare on. I looked and saw Dooshik, looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows to asked what's wrong and he lean  in "your friend know about us?" I looked at him with sorry smile knowing he heard what we been talking about.

"but don't worry. She is loyal friend. I been with her through thick and thin" he rolled his eyes "how can you be so sure of that?"

"she never told anyone about my crush on Mincheol"

".....if you say so" he huffed and turns away. I looked at my laptop and bring myself closet to him. I grab his arm, clinging on his arm with innocent smile "can you help me...."

He looked at my laptop and sighed "no" he answered shortly.

"b-but.... This isn't your assignment. The other professor are the one who give this" I said with puppy eyes hoping he helped.

"yeah but still. It's not fair for the other student"

"they can clearly looked for helps on the lecturer herself"

"....i can only check on what you did and said what is wrong. I won't do more than that" he said and grab my laptop. He pulled it to him before his eyes scanning on every words I wrote there. After minutes, he stopped. Eyes looking over at me "you did okay I guess"

"okay? No way! I did this my best" I grab the laptop back on side and checked it myself. "Why are you giving me okay? Is it really okay?" I began to question him. He sighed, putting his hand on my head

"You did great, Yoomin. I am saying you did okay cause I don't want you to be satisfied with just this" he explained calmly. I looked at him with satisfied grin

"am I smart?" he chuckled and pulled away. "not sure about that" I pinched his side and he swat my hand away. "I will sue you" he said and focused back on his books.

I am not sure why but I'm feeling mischievous. I lean to his ear and whispers "For real though, did you think I am smart?" he gruff "you are smart. Done?"

"nope" she giggled and whispering again "and pretty, cute and beautiful?" that make he looked at me. He snorted at that "why are you fishing compliments right now" I grinned "because you are so stingy with it"

His whole body turn facing me and he leaned in making me leaning back instead. His arm on my chair and other on my side of the desk "you are pretty, smart, funny and a great wife" he said too seriously. He make my inside tingly. I gulped at how close he is and how his eyes looked at the moment.

My heart beating like crazy inside. He doesn't even looked joking anymore. His eyes fluttered from my eyes to my lips and he lean back. He take his book before handed them to me "I already read them. They have facts about heart cancer. Looked through it and I am sure you find some materials to work with" he said with his normal neutral face.

I turned back on my laptop but I can't seem to make my heart stops. I'm not even sure why he make me like that sometimes. I don't even understand myself. Sometimes, he make me felt something but then nothing really happen.

I looked at him in different lights everyday. Mostly when we are here at my hometown. I really start noticing it a lot. Maybe because we acted like happy couple. I don't know. I focused back on my task in hand and soon forget about what even happens.

After a long time there, we leave the library. He drove us home and we get inside our room afterwards. We changes our clothes and lay down like yesterday except he have his shirt on this time.

"thank you for helping. Your book really helped" he hummed into my hair and doesn't answer

"about your compliment......thank you for that. You make me flustered but that's cool. You make me happy hearing that. Who not enjoy getting compliments" I said again and he hummed again "I mean what I said" he said and that make me smile again

"wanna hear about my thoughts on you?"

He hummed as an answer "at first, I thought you are jerk. I used to hate you a bit even back when we were kids however you changed some of my opinion" I take a rest before continue

"for example, you really helped me earnestly. Its not like I had money to pay you or anything but you still helped. Second, you always look cold and strict but I think you cared and want the best so that's why you act like that" I said my eyes watching the door, as I was facing his chest.

"if I have to be honest, you are handsome, and have a body that makes every girl crazy. I'm sure of that. Also.....i like how you always take care of someone but doesn't mention it" he doesn't answer anything. I looked up and saw he already asleep.

"I used to like you, you know" I chuckled talking to sleeping Dooshik. I remember when it is. Its before he broke my finger of course cause after that I hates him. However, the feeling is gone and I don't think they will comes again.

-to be continue-