Nine

Dreams pov

Time skip to Thursday

I'm sat on the bleachers alone, watching George practice.

It's Thursday meaning I have tutoring. After his practice, we're going to his house to help me.

I've been spending a lot more time with him recently, more than I have ever.

He truly is my best friend, but I want him to be more than that.

But I can't do that unless he gets better. He needs to be better for him to feel comfortable.

He's still on edge about hanging out with a huge group since he feels like his anxiety is getting worse, and the fucking voice in his head.

It really affects him. The day after the party I spent the whole day with him, making him feel safe and picking him back up whenever he broke down again.

It tells him things that aren't true, and he believes them.

Whenever it says something that really bothers him he tells me, and I try my best to help. To make him believe it's not true as much as it isn't.

I can always tell when he's upset, and he doesn't feel like doing anything. So I'm there to make sure it doesn't happen.

Sure sometimes he has his moments, but I'm always there.

Sapnap and quackity tell me he should learn how to deal with it himself, instead of me babying him and doing it for him.

Sure I'm always there, but I told George if anything happens I am always there.

I promised.

That is a promise I will never break.

The bleachers aren't filled at all. There are at least three people here other than me since it's their practice.

"Wake the fuck up George!" His coach yells "take ten!"

Everyone suddenly stops and rushes over to their benches, grabbing their water.

George skips the benches and walks up to me.

"God I'm tired," he says while picking up my water bottle and drinking.

"Your welcome?"

He puts the bottle down and smiles "thanks Dream" he rolls his eyes.

He sits down beside me watching what I'm watching.

"Your coach is a dick," I say.

"He just got a divorce, I don't blame him" George looks at me "aren't you supposed to be in math?"

I look at him and smile "yeah, but I would rather be here with you. Plus it would just add time if we had to walk back out of the school and go to my car when we can just go straight to my car"

"Dream the reason I tutor you is because of this reason. You skip classes, what happens tomorrow when you go to math and they're learning something that you aren't familiar with"

"Just this once.." he says smiling at me "next time you're going to class. I don't want to teach someone who doesn't even know what they're learning"

I roll my eyes "your practice ends in twenty seconds do you want to go?"

He thinks about it first before nodding and standing up "wait- how do you know exactly when practice is over?"

"I set a timer for two hours every practice," I say standing up and grabbing both our bags from the metal floor.