Twenty two

"Voices? What does the voice tell you?" Puffy asks.

"Bad things... tells me to think things I shouldn't be" I look around the room, looking anywhere but her eyes.

I'm in puffys office.

It's very nice in here. It's like the style dark academia but with her own touch of a variety of plants.

"When did this start?"

"Recently.. about a couple of months ago," I say "it's gotten really bad when I'm not around Dream"

"And he's your boyfriend now right?" She asks while writing down something on her clipboard.

I nod.

"Does Dream help you?"

I nod again "A lot. He helps me with everything.. even before we were dating"

"How does he help you?" She asks.

"Tells me sweet things.. asks me what it's telling me and he tells me the opposite, he takes the thought and turns it into the reality that I'm not aware of. He holds me while I cry and whispers things to me to help me calm down"

She smiles "does this make you happy? Your smiling"

I nod.

"Very good George.." she says writing something else down "next time I will add to this.. but I just want to ask you, what happened to your hand?"

I look down at my bandaged hand to find tears already threatening my eyes.

"Uhm- I knocked over a glass," I say looking up at her with teary eyes "I got scared.. and I freaked out on him. I scarred him"

"Scared... Dream?" she asks, I nod "Why did you get scared?"

"We were at the beach of our friend's party.. and these guys came up to me and Karl. They started touching my waist and calling me pretty... Dream calls me pretty, it's his nickname for me. So a couple of days later we were in the kitchen and he was kissing me, touching my waist like he always does and calling me pretty. He stopped as soon as I called his name for him to stop. He was confused as I started yelling at him and telling him not to call me that" I take a deep breath and wipe away a tear from my cheek.

"The look of pain and hurt in his eyes" I let out a shaky breath "he went to touch my arm and I moved quickly, knocking over a glass. My hand split open into a very deep cut. He took me into his arms as I was screaming and crying for him to let go of me. My sister came home.. and I don't really remember the rest"

She hands me Kleenex that I use to wipe away my tears.

"Your very brave George" puffy says "especially Dream, to be there for you when you're in pain and being there for you when you're at your lowest... have you told him how you feel? About all of this"

I shake my head "not really, he wants to talk about what happened at the beach though since my- my sister told him"

"And are you ready for that?"

I shake my head "it hurts"

"Does he still call you pretty?" She asks.

I shake my head for the third time, "no... I don't know why"

"You told him not to, so he's going to respect that. He cares for you very much" puffy smiles "I know he does"

I hear the bell ring from the hallway on the other side of the door.

"Use your words, George, it'll work out I promise" she puts her clipboard down on her desk "we'll talk when we have way more time"

I nod as I get up from my chair "thanks puffy"