Eleven

George's pov

As I open the door to my house I'm met with yelling and arguing.

Just what I wanted. To come to the house and act like the big old happy family we are.

Elsie ended up staying in my arms, and Dream stayed by my side as we slept.

In the morning he made me breakfast while his parents were still asleep. Then I left, which was about thirty minutes ago.

"Oh look! My son who hasn't called!" My mom shouts looking at me from the living room "where on earth have you been!?"

"Where have you been!?" I say looking at her and David, who's sat on the couch.

Eliza is standing on the stairs with max in front of her.

"He was at dreams," Eliza says "me and Leah were there last night but his parents came home, George stayed because Dream needed him too.."

"I don't care if your friend needed you- why didn't you answer me!" She yells "we've been trying to get a hold of you since we landed! We thought you and your siblings were dead!"

"Claire-" David begins.

"He was scared mom! You don't know how his parents are. His sister Elsie who is four- hasn't talked for a year because of their parents! He was scared something was going to happen so I stayed for him! And I left my phone here because I didn't need it, and I don't use it unless someone calls or texts me" I say.

"You don't just leave your phone here! Where was max when you guys were out!?" She asks looking at the two of us.

"He was here?" I say "I offered to take him to Issacs or Lucas's but he said no because he wanted to stay for when his mom came home, since he hasn't seen her since! she last told us she doesn't want going to be around anymore"

David stands up and looks at us.

"You guys need to respect your mother! She does so much for you!" He says.

"You don't get a say in any of this! You've been around for the last two years? A year and a half? You're not even our dad!" Eliza says "we like you, but you don't get to act like you've known us our whole lives! I still view you as the gym teacher who just so happens to be with my mom!"

"Eliza don't talk to him like that! None of you have any say in what I do for my job! Hell if I had the chance to change whether or not I go back to work I would choose to go back! I'm trying to keep you guys alive cant you see that?" My mother shouts "your teacher Phil told me about how you've been acting in class, the same way you did before you fell down a deep dark hole and shut your own mother out like you didn't care!?"

I stare at her in shock as tears form in my eyes "okay"

"George- I'm sorry I don't mean that," she says while I walk up the stairs.

"It's- it's fine... I'm going to go to my room..." I say walking up the stairs "I don't feel like arguing, you win.. making us feel fucking guilty all the time"

"No George-" my mother begins but I'm already at my door.

I shut it behind me as I slide down and sit against the door.

-your a screwup, even your own mother hates you.-

"George," A voice says from the other side of my door.

Eliza

"George she doesn't mean it, she's our mother George she was just in the moment y'know?" She says hoping for an answer.