Seventeen

I'll only give you a few more chapters until shit starts getting a bit... angsty.

Georges pov

I'm sitting on the sand at the beach, watching the three of them tackle each other into the water.

Karl is sitting beside me, making thread bracelets as he talks about what happened that day with sap and Q.

"We talked to him," he says "we did what you said"

"Did it work out?" I ask.

Karl nods and looks back down at the bracelet "I said sweet things like you said to do, I made him feel comfortable and cared for as he cares for us"

"That's good," I say "did he talk to you guys about how he was feeling? Like did he say what was wrong?"

Karl nods.

"He was stressed, he was pushing himself further and further but not realizing it at first. He kept trying to work harder because he knew that if he stopped, we or someone else like his parents would be disappointed in him. Which wasn't the case at all... we were devastated to hear him say those things" Karl takes a deep breath as he continues.

"He wasn't.. well"

"Well in what way?" I ask, trying not to push him too far.

"When we went over to his house he was- he was in his room with papers upon papers surrounding him. He had bags under his eyes and he wasn't eating or drinking. It took sapnap over an hour for quackity just to talk or drink something. After we talked he cried and cried into our shoulders for a long time.."

Karl's eyes fill with tears "he was overworked and we- we didn't know, we didn't help him George we didn't know"

"It's not your fault," I say "you couldn't have known, it's not your fault"

He nods slowly "it was scary.. seeing him not doing anything but study and his eyes being glued to the papers in front of him..."

"Do they know you feel like this?" I ask and he shakes his head, "Karl you need to tell them, you can't keep this from them"

He nods "I know, and I will. But not today" he looks over at the three boys "I can't ruin this for him, he looks so happy... I feel happy knowing he's happy"

"Good, but you can't rely on other people to make you happy Karl, that's one thing I have always told myself. You make yourself happy and nobody else" I say.

"Okay- enough of this" Karl wipes the tear rolling down his cheek "let's switch the topic.. tell me something" he looks back at the bracelet.

I sigh, "Elsie talked last night"

"What!?" Karl looks back at me with shock "what!?"

"Yeah I asked her a question and she responded" I smile "she's finally talking again"

"What made her change?" He asks.

I shrug "I'm not sure, I think clay is going to ask her but that's all I know"

Karl grins "first name bases huh?"

I roll my eyes and I look back at the three boys in the water.

Karl and I talk more and more as the hour passes. I think we made a little over thirty bracelets.

I made one for Dream and me, mine is blue with white in it. His is the same but has green instead of blue.

"Hey," a voice says coming up beside us.

I look over to see five guys.

"You out here alone?" One asks with brown hair.

"I Uhm-" Karl begins but I interrupt him.