Alternate ending. :(

TW!! Death, mentions of poor mental health, mentions of self-harm.

2 weeks later.

Dream has yet to wake up.. they don't think he will. But they can't predict that.

His parents have come by once. Drista has visited a few times.

I haven't been to school at all. In fact, I refuse to go whenever someone even mentions going.

My parents came back from their honeymoon. My mom is at work now and she visits his room every day.

I've stayed in the same spot since the first night.

If he wakes up I don't want him to be alone and scared.

I haven't eaten in a while. I don't care that much about anything anymore. I only care about him waking up.

I live with the constant guilt of what I had said to him that night. I wish I didn't react that way at all.

I play gently with his fingers as his hand rests in mine.

I miss him.

I look up at his face, admiring every feature. His face has no colour, it's just pale.

"I miss you.." I say quietly "I'm really, really sorry about what I said"

The silence is painful. The only thing you can hear is monitors beeping...

"I didn't mean it... I don't hate you" I bite the inside of my cheek "but I under if you hate me"

Nothing but silence.

My eyes fill with water.

"A lot of people have come to visit you in the past week.." I look up at the ceiling to stop the tears from running "Your parents too"

Beep

"They say you won't make it" I sniff "Once you hit the two months mark they disconnect everything"

Beep

"I never wanted to step foot into a hospital,  and have a reason to cry," I say "You knew how much I hated them..."

Beep

I let in a shakey breath as I look back at him "I miss you, I miss you holding me. I miss your touch, I miss your voice, I miss the way you teased me.."

Beep beep

"Karl came by early.. told me sapnap hasn't left his room for a while... he said that-"

The door to the room opens and a familiar blond steps in.

"George" Punz says, closing the door behind me.

"Punz," I say quietly as he sits himself down in the chair on the other side of the bed.

He opens his mouth to speak, hesitating but eventually gets the courage to talk.

"I- I I've come to take you home.." he says "You've Been sitting there for so long.."

I shake my head "No"

"George you know you can't-"

"You can't make me, I'm staying for as long I want- until he wakes up I'm not leaving this room," I say "You can try but I'm not letting you"

"For Dream then," he says.

"Punz don't you dare do that" I look punz in the eyes "Don't"

He nods slowly "Okay.. okay I won't"

I look back at Dream as an uncomfortable silence falls between us.

"He told me.. about the deal" punz says, breaking the silence "he didn't want to hurt you. He kind of forgot about it while you two were dating.. but he remembered not long ago"