Ten

George's pov

I'm in the cafeteria with Karl as we talk back and forth about how our days are going, and what we did yesterday.

We do random check-ins sometimes because we don't see each other much when we're with other people.

He has a huge, bright, smile on his face as he talks about what happened yesterday.

"We pulled him aside after and we asked him," Karl says with a glowing look on his face.

"What did he say?" I ask picking at the salad on my plate.

"He said yes!" Karl smiles "I have two boyfriends gogs, two"

I smile "I know this is your fourth time telling me"

Not to mention over the past ten minutes he's told me this same story over... now five times.

"Sorry, I'm just really happy," Karl says eating a fry from his tray.

"No need to apologize K, I'm glad your happy," I say eating some of the salad.

"Okay okay, what happened yesterday at tutoring? Sap was talking to Dream and they were talking about it"

I look at him and roll my eyes "he knows about my drawings"

"What!?" Karl practically yells.

The people from other tables look over at us in annoyance.

"Sorry!" Karl says before turning his attention back to me.

"He opened the drawer that had the picture of him sitting against a tree," I say, "he thought it was cool and wanted to see more"

"And you showed him more?"

I nod "he said I should hang them in my room, I might though I'm not sure"

"Did he see the other one?" He asks.

I shake my head this time "god no If he did I wouldn't tell you. Instead, I'd be digging my own grave, and by now be six feet under"

"Not funny" Karl glared at me before looking behind me and staring.

"What," I ask turning myself around slowly.

"Hey, could I talk to you?"

I look up slightly to see the familiar raven-haired boy who I knew last year.

Matthew

Matthew was my friend last year. Around the time Dream started talking to me about Evelynn.

He knew practically most of my secrets. My art, my crush on Dream, my family life, and everything else that's personal.

When Dream told me the news about Evelynn I was happy for him. But in reality, I turned to Matthew for comfort since he was the only one who seemed to have care.

Sure I had Karl, sap, and Q.

But Matthew made it seem like I didn't. He manipulated me and gaslighted me to the point I thought he only cared.

He made me think I could only trust him.

So I fell into a dark hole that I couldn't get out of. I stayed alone for weeks and maybe a couple of months.

One day karl came over to visit and he asked why I never went around or talked to them anymore. It all sort of just slipped out...

Then my friends found out, including Dream.

Then I got better, and realized it wasn't what it seemed and that Matthew is a very shit person.

He wanted me to himself.