Twnety one

George's pov

Dream decided to stay over, and David called the school to tell them we won't be there today.

When he got home Eliza explained everything that had happened. But my mom had her come home, let alone her phone.

I know why I yelled. I know why I cried.

I thought he was the guy, Daniel.

I don't panic whenever Dream kisses me on my neck, or when he touches my waist and calls me pretty. He's my boyfriend.

But something in me told me that he wasn't.

So I panicked.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table with a fork in my right hand, the one that is fine to use of course.

Eliza did the right thing. She didn't know how to stitch open a wound that deep. But she did it nonetheless.

Our mother only taught us a few things. We never thought we would have to use them. But turns out that's not always true.

Thank god for sapnap is already on his way here. I told Karl hours before I left my bag there, and he said sap would come by sometime that day to bring it to me.

I never thanked him, so I need to whenever I go back to school.

I look up from my plate in front of me, looking right at his eyes that are glued onto the plate in his hands.

"You don't have to," I say "you don't"

"I want to" he looks at me "let me"

Let me love you like you've always loved me.

I put the fork down as I stop eating.

My plate still had a lot of food left on it. Food I don't feel like eating.

"Eat, you haven't eaten since your game yesterday," he says.

"I'm not hungry" I mumble.

He stops washing the dishes, turning off the water before drying his hands.

He puts both his hands on the counter for support as he looks at me.

"George love, you need to eat something... please"

I don't answer.

"Love I know you're tired, but I need you to eat even if it's just a few more bites-"

"I'm tired, I'm tired clay" I look at him with teary eyes as I take a deep breath, "she told you. I heard your conversation with sapnap. I know you want to talk to me but not today, or tomorrow, or the next day"

"George-"

"I know you're my boyfriend, and I don't want this to hurt you but- I need my best friend right now," I say "I don't want my boyfriend who's going to be protective and do all of that- I just need my best friend"

He looks at me with a concerned expression before it slowly disappears.

He nods "okay, that's okay I get it"

"You do?.." I say hesitantly.

"Yeah.." he walks around the counter as he sits in the chair next to me, turning to face me "we all need a little break sometimes. I'm here"

I give a small smile "thank you"

He nods and kisses my forehead lightly "have you checked the group chat lately?"

I shake my head.

He scoffs "they're all being dicks to sapnap for not showing up to the bar last night, he was helping you and doing a bunch of things when he said he was going to go- anyways," he says as he realizes he's rambling "they're all making dick comments and he doesn't know what to say since I told him to not tell anyone in case you didn't want them all to know. They keep being assholes about it"