chapter 5

ᕼᎯᖰᕈႸ ᖇ∈Ꭿᖱ⫯ﬡɢ, ᗩⲙᗝᖇ∈⟆ ❤️

°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 5

CHLOE groaned in frustration while tossing and turning on her bed. She couldn't sleep at all. She checked the time on the digital clock on the bedside table and groaned once again when she saw that it was already 2 am.

"What the hell, Chloe?! You still need to wake up early tomorrow!" She closed her eyes again, hoping to finally fall asleep but she fluttered her eyes open right away when Cross' face suddenly popped up on her mind.

Yes, she couldn't sleep because Cross had been occupying her mind. She couldn't forget that look on his face when she left him inside the elevator earlier today. It was haunting her!

She wanted to think that he got hurt by what she said but why would he? What happened to them in the past was nothing but a spur of the moment decision on her part while she was drunk. Besides, he succeeded on getting what he wanted that night so he should be happy.

"Don't tell me, he feels guilty?" She shook her head. She doesn't understand why he was acting that way but she didn't care. He shouldn't even be working at Larsen Corp. in the first place.

But her curiosity was bugging her. How come he ended up becoming the maintenance man and a substitute janitor in Larsen Corp.? What happened to him?

She sighed. "Whatever his reasons were, it's none of your business, Chloe. Maybe, this is his karma for what he'd done to you." Chloe wasn't the type of person who take pleasure in watching others suffer but Cross wasn't a good man.

Even though, they didn't know each other aside from that one night they shared together, what she heard from his mouth the morning after that night was enough to sum up his personality; of what kind of person he really was.

Then, in order for her to forget any thoughts about him, she decided to go downstairs to get herself a glass of milk. She should get her act together and not think about nonsensical things. This wasn't like her.

EVEN though Chloe was sleep deprived, she still managed to wake up on time. That was one of her talents actually. She didn't need an alarm clock to wake her up because she always manages to wake up on time whether she had a complete bed rest or not.

She was about to head towards her meeting place when she remembered that she needed to get something at Larsen Corp. Thankfully, she had enough time for the detour.

She decided to park her car, which was a Dynamo Red 2022 Audi R8, in the outside parking lot of Larsen Corp. because it was nearer to the entrance of the building. Parking in the underground parking would be a waste of time since she would leave right away anyway.

Cladded with red pantsuit which paired with stiletto heels, she confidently walked towards the entrance of the building, a little bit in a hurry, when she almost tripped over because the heel of her left stiletto got stuck into one of the small holes of the manhole cover.

"What the heck?!" She tried to pull it out but it was really stuck like Velcro. She checked the time on her smartwatch and saw that it was already 8:25 am. Her meeting would be at 9 am and she still needed to drive all the way there!

"Damn it! Why won't it come off?!" She hissed in frustration after about two minutes of trying. She couldn't believe that this happened to her today of all days. Well, she almost never parked there because she always preferred the underground parking.