chapter 41

Salut, tout le monde! I hope you like this chapter. Enjoy reading. :)

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

WARNING!!! This chapter contains MATURE scenes for ADULTS & OPEN-MINDED readers only! Read at your own risk!

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 41

WHILE getting closer to the gate, Chloe felt like regretting her decision to come back but she knew that she had to. She didn't want to just run away without hearing anything from him. If Cross really didn't love her at all during their times together, then she had to hear him say that to her face while staring directly into her eyes.

She didn't know why she had to do that. Maybe, she was becoming a masochist or something but deep inside of her, she had to do it. It wasn't probably the wises decision for now considering how painful his words were but she didn't care.

The two of them started their relationship together and if he wanted to put an end to everything that they built together, then they should end it together too.

"You can still change your mind, Chloe. You don't have to do this." Nevaeh told her full of concern the moment they arrived at the gate and Mr. Wolfe pressed the doorbell. Chloe forced a smile.

"I don't know why but all I know right now is I need to."

"But you're just going to hurt yourself even more if he robbed to your face that he doesn't want to be with you anymore. I'm sorry if I'm being blunt but I'm just concerned about you. I don't want you to get hurt until you reach the point of losing yourself. It's not worth it, Chloe. I'm telling you." Nevaeh's eyes were so melancholy while saying that for some reason as if she was recalling something very heartbreaking and it made Chloe think for a second of two.

"Isn't it better to at least take the blow all at once rather than spend your days wondering about things that could've been? Of what went wrong? Trust me, living like that will make you lose yourself and not just that but full of regret too. Moving on would be harder." Mr. Wolfe interrupted quietly and Nevaeh gave him a sharp glare.

Chloe began to wonder what was with the two that they were behaving like a cat and a dog since a while ago.

"Did I hear it right, Mr. Wolfe? You, talking about losing yourself and having a hard time moving on?" Nevaeh laughed sarcastically. "Wow. That's probably the funniest thing that I've ever heard so far." She even shook her head while laughing.

Mr. Wolfe's face hardened and was about to respond when the gate finally opened and Chloe felt like everything came to a stop upon seeing Cross.

"Something's wrong with the gate that's why I came to open it manually—" Upon noticing her presence, his face hardened as his jaw tightened.

"Fùck! I told you to take her to away from here not to take her back here!" His voice held anger as he looked at Mr. Wolfe but the latter shook his shoulders without commenting.

"You're a jerk, you know that? You don't have to behave like an as*hole in front of Chloe. You're very disappointing, Cross." Nevaeh looked at Cross full of displeasure but he ignored that. Chloe thought that he would say hurtful things to her judging by the anger that she was seeing on his face but to her surprise, he suddenly took her hand and pulled her away from there, heading to only God knows where.