chapter 12

A/N: 50 comments for an update on Friday. If not, I will update on Tuesday. :)

WARNING!!! This chapter contains MATURE scenes for ADULTS and OPEN-MINDED readers only! Read at your own risk!

𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓐𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓼❗

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 12

"WHY ARE you coming closer?" Thank God, Chloe didn't stutter again. She hated herself right now because she was slowly becoming weak in front of Cross and that was the last thing that she wanted.

That wasn't her. No one had ever made her feel like this and it should be a red flag she should take into consideration but it felt like her brain wasn't working properly at the moment and she didn't know what to do.

After hearing what he said just now, her heart went wild that even though she wanted to get mad because she knew that he was just lying and playing with her, she couldn't bring herself to do so for some reason.

She noticed that Cross had this invisible power over her and that scared her the most. She didn't need this right now. It must be stopped right away before it brings her somewhere she would surely regret going in the end.

Then, the events from the past came crashing back to her and that finally gave her the strength to fight those strange feelings that was beginning to take her over.

"Stop playing these games, Cross." Her voice was firm and cold but that didn't seem to affect him.

"I'm not playing games, Chloe. I'm opening myself to you right now with all honesty and sincerity."

She scoffed. "Honesty? Sincerity?" She shook her head. "You're not the right person to talk about honesty and sincerity because you don't even know the meaning of those words."

"What do you mean?" He asked full of confusion which angered her more. She couldn't believe how good he was in acting as if he didn't do anything bad at all.

She shouldn't've accepted his offer to accompany her to the falls in the first place because he was slowly controlling her in such a way that she couldn't comprehend. No! she shouldn't let him use her like he did in the past. She would never do the same mistake again.

"Enough playing so innocent! I'm tired of this! Stop with all the pretense, for Pete's sake!" They were the only people left at the Cupid's falls that was why even though she was almost screaming in anger, no one heard it aside from them.

"Chloe, I don't have a clue of what you're saying. Can you please enlighten me? Does it have something to do with the past? Explain it to me then so that maybe, after hearing everything from you, I will finally understand what had happened back then." She stared at him in disbelief, couldn't believe that he really was pushing this through.

Before she could think clearly, her hand flew to his face and slapped him hard. "Damn you! If you won't admit what you've done in the past, then so be it! Just leave me alone and don't ever try to play with me again because I'm not a toy! I don't want to see you again!" She then marched her way towards her clothes and was about to pick them up and put them on before leaving but Cross spoke and what he said surprised her.