chapter 53

Weekend again! Enjoy yours, Amores! Happy reading!

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 53

WITH shaking legs, Chloe stepped inside the elevator without breaking their eye contact and the elevator door closed behind her. She expected him to at least say something but he remained quiet and the silence was deafening. His face was emotionless.

She gritted her teeth. She's had enough of this. She shouldn't be the one to feel this way because she didn't do anything to him. He was the one who abandoned and cheated on her!

"Aren't you going to at least say something?" She couldn't hide the bitterness and resentment in her voice. He didn't even respond as if he didn't hear anything.

She gathered her strength and raised her chin proudly.

"You really don't want to talk? Fine. If this is what you want, I'll give it to you." She couldn't even read the expression on his face and it hurt her even more. She expected for him to be man enough to tell to her face that he was done with her. But he didn't even utter a single word.

Then, the elevator finally stopped on her floor and she got out without saying anything else to him. Her heart was aching so badly.

Maybe, this was the end for the both of them. He seemed uninterested and didn't have any plans of at least explaining himself. Yes, it hurt like hell but she no longer had tears left to cry for him. Even though she was a woman, it didn't mean that she should always cry when the pain gets too overwhelming for her.

She was about to open the door of her office when she suddenly felt nauseated, as if everything around her spin in a fast speed. She cupped her forehead and tried to hold onto the door but it was too late. Her knees gave out on her.

She closed her eyes and waited for her body to hit the floor but for some reason, that didn't happen as someone caught her.

She tried to open her eyes but couldn't anymore and she lost consciousness. When she came to, she was surprised to discover that she was in the Larsen Corp. clinic.

"How are you feeling, Ms. Rosenberg?" She slowly sat up and looked at the nurse.

"H-How did you know my name? Why am I here?" Her voice was faint as she still felt a little bit weak.

"You fainted. Thankfully, we have a clinic here at Larsen Corp. Are you feeling better now? Do you feel any pain or uncomfortableness?" She shook her head as a response.

"No. I think, I'm fine now." She was about to get off the bed when she remembered about something.

"Who brought me here, by the way?" The nurse smiled.

"It was the new janitor." Her eyebrows creased. She hasn't seen the new janitor yet but for some reason, she felt like something was off. When that person caught her, his strong arm, warmth and scent were familiar to her. She couldn't be wrong.

"Are you sure it was the janitor?" The smile of the nurse turned a little tremulous.

"O-Of course, Ms. Rosenberg." She couldn't even meet her gaze.

"Oh, okay." She was about to get off the bed when the nurse quickly attended to her as if she was an invalid person or what.

"Wait, Ms. Rosenberg. Let me help you." Chloe furrowed at her.