chapter 8

👋≧◉ᴥ◉≦

𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂, 𝓐𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓼❗

   🅑🅞🅝 🅦🅔🅔🅚🅔🅝🅓. 😘

°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 8

THE NEXT day, Chloe was surprised to learn from Grey that the man who harassed her yesterday has been thrown out of the island. Apparently, he got blacklisted and would never have the chance to enter Cupid's Island again.

"Do you know him? I mean, the man who took the guy who harassed me away?" Chloe asked Grey while they were having breakfast on her balcony. He came over to her cottage to check on her because he heard about what happened last night.

"Marquis? Yes, I know him but I can't talk more about him. Why? Don't tell me, you like him?" She gave him a deadpan look.

"Is that a joke? I'm just curious about him. He just seemed mysterious." He laughed.

"I thought, you suddenly grew a crush on him. That would surely create a big problem." Her eyebrows furrowed.

"What the heck are you talking about? That's my choice if I'd choose to like him or not. I'm sure, no one is going to say anything because first of all, it's my life and secondly, I am single."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing. I'm just messing with you. You don't have to be so serious about it." She stared at him.

"You're hiding something from me, I can tell." He chuckled.

"No, I'm not. You're assuming things."

"Well, if you're hiding something, I will surely discover about it in no time."

He laughed. "I'm telling you, I'm not. Anyway, where are you heading to later? Don't tell me, you're just going to spend the entire day here in your cottage?"

She took a sip of her coffee. "Of course not. I'm going to Cupid's falls, I think. Just looking at it from afar just makes me wonder how beautiful it is up close. I mean, it's so beautiful from up here so I'm sure, it's more stunning up close. I am not interested in the events for today so I decided to go there."

"Oh, that's good. I'll accompany you then. I'm free all morning so I should spend my free time with you." Her eyebrow shot up.

"Are you sure? Aren't you going to spend it with someone else instead?" He beamed, flashing his perfect teeth. Grey's mother and Chloe's mother were sisters and they grew up together that was why they were close.

People who don't know them that much even often mistook them for being a couple. Grey even asked her to pretend to be his girlfriend a couple of times in order to eliminate those girls that wouldn't stop pestering him.

"It's a miracle that you actually agreed to come here so might as well bond with you. It's been a while since the last time we hung out together because we've been very busy lately. Anyway, how's everything? Your dad called me last night and asked if I knew where you were right now." Chloe's eyes widened.

"Don't tell me, you told him that I'm here?!"

"Of course not. What do you think of me?" She sighed in relief.

"I'm glad, you didn't. God! You made me panic for a bit." He grinned.

"He sounded mad. Apparently, Vito and his family were at your house for dinner last night." She tsked and just took another sip on her coffee without commenting.