chapter 39

A/N: Hi, Amores! I'm sorry for updating late today. Just like I've said on my announcement post, I've been very busy this week that's why I didn't have time to write. Even though this update is short, I hope, you will still like it. Please don't forget to VOTE and SHARE this story. Thank you. 

50 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. 

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 39

"CROSS, my son!" Cross knew that the surprise look on his face was undeniable upon seeing his mother in front of him. He didn't expect this to happen. She was happy and excited seeing him that she hugged him right away.

"M-mom. What are you doing here?" She let go of him.

"Why do you sound like you're not happy seeing me here? Of course, I came to visit you! What else do you expect?" His face softened.

"It's not like that, mom. I just didn't expect you to come here all the way from Amsterdam without even informing me. This is not like you." He looked at her from head to toe worriedly, checking if she was okay. "Is everything alright? Why so sudden? You should've called me so that I could've picked you up instead." She rolled her eyes.

"Son, that's enough. I'm telling you, everything's fine. I came back here to the USA because Alaine invited me to her birthday celebration. I didn't tell you about it because I wanted to surprise you. I was so excited that upon landing, I went straight to your house.

"But I was the one who got surprised when I arrived at your house because no one was there. I got worried that you might be out of the country so I called Jade and asked her about your whereabouts. She told me that you're probably here so I came. Props to your friends because they were the ones who picked me up. They made sure that I was comfortable." Cross sighed in relief.

"How did Jade know that I'm here? I thought, she didn't know?" He asked Raven curiously. Jade couldn't come back to Cupid's Island with her twin brother because she was apparently busy. But she would be coming back on the next occasion that the island would hold and that was Cupid's gala night.

He brought back Chloe here because this was the perfect time for them to stay on the island while the others in Tennessee were probably going mad because of anger towards him.

On the gala night, everyone of his friends would be there and that would serve as a reunion for them. It has been a while since they gathered around without anyone absentee so it would surely fun.

"I don't know, man. Maybe, she asked Vito." Raven answered and Grey scoffed.

"As if, that guy knows. And if he did, I'm sure he would never tell the truth. Knowing him. He's very insecure."

"That's enough. That's not important anymore. The important thing is I got to see my son here." His mother hugged Cross again. Suddenly, he felt guilty. He couldn't visit her these past six months because he's been so busy.

But even so, they had constant communication.

"I'm sorry, mom. I was just so busy lately. But I was thinking of coming next month. You didn't have to fly all the way here. You know that—"

"—I'm fine. You're being a worrywart again. Anyway, I think you're forgetting something here." A smile appeared on her lips and then faced Chloe who was just watching them in silence. Behind her were three of his friends, Grey, Troy and Raven.