chapter 10

How's this story so far?

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 10

"WELCOME to Cupid's falls!" Chloe blinked innumerably upon hearing what Cross had announced. He was smiling at her and goodness! He was undeniably handsome. What the heck, Chloe?! Are you crazy?! Remember what this man had done to you three years ago! Don't let him fool you again!

The voice of her inner self finally reached her and she felt like a bucket of ice-cold water splashed on her face, waking her up from her dream-like state.

"Thank you for carrying me all the way here. You can put me down. I can walk on my own." His smile disappeared.

"Don't worry. You're light as a leaf. Besides, we're almost there."

"Just put me down already. I'm not an invalid person." This time, her voice was firm. With knitted eyebrows, Cross put her down on her feet.

"Are you okay?" She averted her gaze from his.

"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about." She then faced the majestic Cupid's falls and she was awed by its beauty. What a paradise. Alex was right. This waterfall was indeed a must-see here in Isla Amante and undeniably the most beautiful waterfalls she had ever seen.

It really resembled the Angel falls but the mountain where the waterfalls was coming from seemed like a top part of a heart shape.

"I can't believe how beautiful this place is." She felt like she just stepped into another kind of paradise. The river had different vibrant and vivid colors such as red, green, yellow and other colors which caused by different kinds of phenomenon and it was more than breathtaking.

Grey already mentioned this to her which intrigued her. Unfortunately, there were parts of the river that people were not allowed to swim into in order to conserve the beauty of the place.

She was about to take a step, wanting to feel the water with her feet when they heard a squeal of a woman followed by a series of laughs. That voice sounded familiar to her for some reason.

Then, she spotted them at the other side of the river and she felt like her body turn into a statue. It was her ex together with that woman, Lauren Martin. Even if they were a little bit far from them, she couldn't be mistaken.

This was her first time seeing them again after what happened three years ago and suddenly, she felt like the place got contaminated because of their mere presence. People like them didn't deserve to even step foot in this paradise.

She turned around and faced Cross who was staring at her with a glint of concern in his eyes.

"I think it's best for me to come back tomorrow. It's kinda crowded in here and I don't like it." There weren't other people there aside from them and the two pair she had dreaded to see after all this time.

It wasn't because she was still bitter or something but because she didn't want to remember what they did to her.

She was about to walk past him but he blocked her way with a determined look on his face.

"We will stay and that's final." She furrowed at him.

"Excuse me? You're not the one who's going to make decisions for me. I want to go back and that's final."