chapter 51

Happy weekend, everyone. I've been sick these past few days and wasn't planning on updating today but I finally felt better so I managed to write an update. I hope you like it! Happy reading!

50 comments for the next chapter.

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 51

"WHAT?! Are you out of your mind, dad? Why would you give such an important position to someone like him who doesn't even have any experience at all? He's never worked a corporate job before, for Christ's sake!

"While growing up, you already put in my mind that Larsen Corporation represents you. It is basically your life. You established it through your sweat and blood! It's important to you and our family and yet, you're going to let someone like him, who's ignorant about running a business, manage it?! Have you lost your mind, dad?!" Vito didn't mince his words as he chided at his father but it seemed that the CEO already expected this reaction from his son because he didn't even blink an eye.

"I understand your concern, Vito, but you don't have to worry about anything. I didn't decide overnight. I thought about it a thousand times and choosing Cross is the best option for the company."

"Really, dad?! Just because Cross is your son doesn't mean that he has the right to manage this company too! Thousands of employees are working for us and we can't just put everyone's future in an amateur's hands! Not even an amateur because he has zero idea about running a business! From what I see, you used your heart in deciding things!"

The CEO's eyebrows knitted together. "What do you mean by that?" Vito scoffed.

"Do you think I've never noticed, dad? You've always been in favor of him over me in anything even though he's just your illegitimate son. He's never done anything for this company and yet, you've chosen him over me as your successor after everything that I've contributed for this company. I can't believe it!"

"What the heck are you talking about? You both are my son and I will always be proud of you no matter my what happens. But when it comes to this company, I had to discard my role as a father to the both of you because I knew that choosing the right successor is the key to the continues success of Larsen Corporation." Vito shook his head, unable to accept his father's answer.

"No, dad. You're only proud of Cross but never of me. He's just your b*stard and yet—"

"—That's enough, Vito! Try saying that again and I'll make sure that you will get what you deserve!" The CEO's voice was thunderous but Vito didn't even flinch. He shook his head once again full of contempt and resentment.

"I can't accept this. I worked my a*s off for years just for you to see my worth as your successor but I should've known that my efforts never appealed to you. They never mattered to you because you already chose your successor from the beginning."

"That's enough, Vito. You don't have the right to question dad's decision. If you really wanted the position then you should've worked harder than what you've been doing. But no. Your efforts weren't enough. You've been sitting in your office chair thinking high and mighty that you will surely succeed dad's position one day knowing that you're the son of the CEO." Cross' voice was calm but Chloe knew him enough to tell that Vito was getting on his nerves.

"Shut up! You're nothing compared to my achievements, Cross! You're nothing in this company! Do you think the board will agree for you to be the new CEO?! If dad can't see the problem here, I'm sure the board does!" Vito then faced the other people who were at the big table, quietly sitting on their designated seats while watching them in silence.