chapter 68

A/N: Hi, Amores! Sorry that i haven't been updating frequently lately because I've been focusing with my health. I can only update this story once a week now because of that. Pls bear with me. Thanks.

♡✩°- - - - -─── ─── - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 68

"I DON'T have that amount of money and you know that!" Beatrice spat angrily at Mr. Go but he seemed to be unconvinced.

"Don't fool me, Beatrice. You've always been bragging about your status as the wife of the owner and CEO of Larsen Corp. Everyone knows how powerful and wealthy your husband is. 50 million is nothing to him so just give me what I want before I lose my patience with you.

"But if you really don't want to, then I don't have a choice but to directly talk to your husband. I mean, he's literally just a couple of meters away, right? I'm sure that the moment he hears about everything that you've done, you're done for good. He will strip you off of everything that he's given you." He then laughed.

"I didn't do anything and I'm sure, Mikael will not believe a word from you after what you did in the company. In his eyes, I can never do that." Beatrice scoffed, still sounded confident. "Your reputation has already been tarnished. Nobody will believe you."

"You didn't do anything? Still confident, huh? Let me refresh your memory then. Remember that time more than a decade ago when Mikael brought his son, Miguel, to Norway? I was nothing but a lowly employee back then who worked my a*s off at Larsen Corp., Norway branch.

"You and your son, Vito, weren't happy that Mikael brought Miguel there to study and train under him at the same time. I could still remember how Vito's face contorted in anger and jealousy when he came to his father's office and saw the bonding Mikael and Miguel.

"He saw how proud Mikael was to Miguel because he was so brilliant and already closed a big business deal even though he was still a student back then. You and Vito knew that Miguel was a big torn in your throat because you son's achievements were nothing compared to Miguel's achievements.

"To be honest, I thought, you were a decent person back then because you were silent while watching everything unfold before you but when your son did something unforgivable, imagine my surprise when you finished it instead of correcting his mistake. Because of envy, jealousy and insecurity, Vito tried to kill Miguel by kidnapping him, his own brother. Vito was young back then but he already has a criminal mind." Mikael felt like someone suddenly punched him in the gut upon hearing that.

"Vito is not a criminal!"

"Really? What do you call what he did then? Incidentally, I was on my way home when I witnessed how he forcefully took Miguel into his car and drove off. The next day, Mikael was looking for Miguel everywhere but no one seemed to know his whereabouts.

"Of course, since I saw what I saw, I went to the CEO's office just to find you there. He wasn't around. And because I thought you were a good person, I told you what I saw and guess what, you offered to pay me just to keep my mouth shut. I agreed because I badly needed the money.

"From then on, you've been relying on me whenever you needed my assistance because my brother in law was the chief of police. I did everything you asked me including when you asked me to kidnap Miguel's mother, Claudia, when she came to Norway to find her son. Do you remember now? Still need me to go on?"