chapter 26

WARNING!!! Some hot scenes ahead! For ADULTS & OPEN-MINDED readers only! Read at your own risk!

50 comments for the next chapter!

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 26

CROSS looked at the paper that he just got from the hospital and his fists tightened, knowing that it would be impossible for him to have this huge amount of money. Just for the medicines and other medical necessities, his money wouldn't nowhere be enough and he was growing desperate.

"What's with that sad face?" That pulled him out of his deep thoughts. He stood up from sitting on the single stool when he heard his mother's faint voice and then approached her.

"How are you feeling, mom? Tell me if you're feeling any pain and I'll call the doctor." He couldn't hide the worry in his voice. His mother was already so skinny and her hair which used to be long and shiny was now short because of losing hair due to chemotherapy.

Seeing her like this was breaking her heart but he knew that he couldn't show any sign of weakness to her. Not now that she was I constant pain. He wanted to be her strength.

She chuckled faintly. "I'm fine, sweetheart." Cross took her hands and brought them to his lips.

"Mom, the doctor said that you need to stay here a little longer than expected but don't worry because I'll come everyday to visit you. You don't have anything to worry about the hospital bills either. Just focus on your medications so that you could come home soon." He tried to sound as lively as possible even though deep inside of him, he was slowly dying inside.

"Even though I try not to think about it, I know that you're having a hard time gathering enough money to support my medications. I already told you that we can go home. I'm feeling a lot better now. We can't afford to stay here longer than necessary." She said that but Cross knew that she was just saying that because she knew that they didn't have the money.

He felt like an invisible hand squeezed his heart and it hurt so bad. Seeing the only person who loved him unconditionally suffer like this was too much to bear. But at the same time, he knew that he couldn't just sit down and do nothing.

He still had his last resort and he was willing to do it just for the sake of his own mother. Even though he knew full well that she would get mad to him if she discovered about his plan, he was willing to accept that to make sure that she would receive the treatment that she needed in order to get better.

"Just like I said, don't think about unnecessary things and let me handle everything. Don't you trust me, mom?" A smile appeared on her pale face as she gazed at him and caressed his cheek adoringly.

"Of course, I trust you. Aside from the fact that you're my son, I know that you're a good person too. You're the most loving person I've ever known and just knowing that I raised this gentle and kind young man gives me pride and happiness that nothing in this world could ever replace." That made Cross smile.

"Then, trust me more, mom. I promise that I will do everything for you to get better."

"Okay. If that's what you want, then I will. Just promise me one thing. Don't ever do something that you would surely regret one day."