chapter 66

A/N: I know that it's kinda confusing for some but if you read it carefully, you will understand what's happening here. Well, it will be revealed in the next chapter anyway. Happy reading. 

♡✩°- - - - -─── ─── - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 66

CHLOE's body went frozen upon hearing the revelation. She was stunned. Cross was not the real Cross Miguel Larsen? How come? Was this the secret that he wanted to tell her?

She looked at Cross' direction, trying to figure out what he was thinking at the moment, expecting to at least see any panic in him but he seemed so relaxed as if he wasn't in deep trouble if he really wasn't the real Cross Miguel.

"What the hell are they talking about? Cross is not the real Cross Miguel Larsen? What is this madness Beatrice is trying to put in people's minds? I can't believe it! I think she watches too much drama lately that she fails to recognize the difference of between real life and drama." Nevaeh said while shaking her head in disbelief.

They were sitting at the big table next to them. Even the other friends of Cross were confused too but to her surprise, Jade and Raven were quiet, didn't even look surprise at all unlike the others. They even shared a meaningful look.

"I know that they don't want Cross in their life but saying things like these just to destroy his reputation is too much. I can't believe she's stooping this low." Just like Nevaeh, Troy was shaking his head in utter disbelief.

"Is that true, dad? Do you have any idea what mom is talking about right now?" Chloe's attention went back to Cross, Vito and their father. Vito seemed to be confused but looked like he was about to explode in anger as well.

"Tell Vito, Mikael! Tell him how this thing affected you that you even had a hard attack when you discovered about it!" Chloe expected for Mr. Larsen to say something to falsify Beatrice's claims but he remained silent. The expression on his face didn't even change at all.

"What?! That was the reason why dad had a heart attack?!" Beatrice was about to answer Vito's inquiry when Mr. Larsen finally spoke.

"That's enough. We should discuss about this in private. Not here."

"Not here?! Really, Mikael?! No! You didn't even think twice to announce about your last will in front of everyone here so let's just discuss everything right here so that everyone could hear how stupid you are for letting this impostor play with you like this!" Beatrice yelled furiously as she pointed at Cross.

Mr. Larsen's face contorted in anger upon hearing that.

"Fine! If you want everyone here to witness and hear everything, so be it! Even after everything that you've done, I still didn't want to discuss about this in front of other people but since you insisted, so be it! Yes, before I had a heart attack, I discovered about Cross' real identity but that wasn't the reason why I suffered a heart attack."

"Why are you covering up the truth just for this guy? He's not even your real son, whoever he is! You know very well that that was the real reason why you almost died!" The nerves in Beatrice neck were protruding while she was yelling in anger.

"I am not covering up anything. What about you? Aren't you going to confess something?" Confusion flooded Beatrice's face.

"Confess? I don't have anything to confess because I didn't do anything! Don't change the topic here because whether you like it or not, this discussion will always go back to the fact that this guy is not your real son! He shouldn't be here nor have a dime of your wealth! He doesn't have any right!"