chapter 44

(っ^▿^)۶🍸🌟🍺٩(˘◡˘ )

Bon weekend, Amores! 

50 comments for the next chapter. Enjoy reading! 

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 44

"WHAT'S up with you today, son? I thought, we already talked earlier?" His mom asked with a hint of amusement when they arrived at the garden. Cross' jaw flexed as he stared at his mother intently. She was acting like her usual self as if she didn't do anything wrong.

"Why are you doing this, mom?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" He raked his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Stop with all the pretense, mom! You know what I'm talking about! First, you came here without informing me and now, you even sent Cupid's Island exclusive invitations for Paige and Vito! Why did you have to do that?! Why now that Chloe and I are here? You could've just done it while we were on the mainland!" He tried to control his voice but his anger still resurfaced.

"Why? Don't you like that I'm here?"

"That's not the issue here, mom. You know that I'd rather prefer for you to stay in Norway and just recover. But even so, I'm happy that you're here because I missed you already. But I just can't comprehend why you had to give those two invitations! Chloe is here for God's sake!" The expression on his mother's face hardened.

"What about you? I thought, you don't care about that woman? Why do I feel like you're saying the opposite? For what? To keep my attention away from her?" Cross was caught off guard for a second. Even though he expected for her to ask him that, he still felt pressured on how to respond.

He didn't want to hurt his mother but at this point, he was determined to keep his promise to Chloe. Seeing her cry in front of him because of hearing those cruel words he uttered broke his heart.

Even though he wasn't a good person, when it comes to Chloe, his heart easily melts like an ice cream exposed under the sun. He would never be the reason for her tears and if he could, he would spare her from any pain.

"I don't know what you're talking about, mom. Please, can you just answer my question? Why did you give the invitations to Paige and Vito? I thought, those invitations would be for your friends?"

"Paige is a family friend—"

"—But not Vito. I can accept Paige coming here but not Vito. This is the only place I can be myself without them watching my every move and yet, you let him come here? Why? I don't want them to invade my entire life. What they know about me is enough." All the emotions on his mother's face disappeared.

"Because I wanted to wake you up from this madness; for the crazy things that you've been doing lately! Do you really think that I am unaware? Let me just remind you that this wasn't included with our plan and now, look what you have become! Instead of focusing on our goals, you're here, acting lovey-dovey with Chloe! Do you want me to remind you why you're here?" The rage was evident in her eyes; the kind that was willing to forget any remnants of goodness left inside them just to obtain their primary goal.

"I am not forgetting about our goals! I am just taking a break from everything!"

Her eyebrows arched. "Really? Then, what are you doing here? Your last visit here would've been enough for so called 'taking a break', right? Why don't you go back to Larsen Corp. instead and continue doing what we planned to do? May I remind you that we've spent years plotting everything out so that no one would notice and yet, you're willing to throw everything just for that woman?!"