chapter 38

WARNING!!! This chapter contains MATURE scenes for ADULTS & OPEN-MINDED readers only! Read at your own risk!

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 38

CHLOE bit her lower lip when she saw who the caller was. Her father. As a good daughter, she instinctively wanted to answer it but then, she remembered about their situation. Was it wise to answer it?

Knowing her father, she was convinced that he already knew where he could find her but since one should obtain an invitation before entering the island, it wouldn't be easy for him and his men.

But even so, she already expected it that he would use his connection in erasing whatever obstacles that were in his way.

Then, the ringing stopped but after a couple of seconds, it began ringing again. She looked at the time. It was already 10 am.

She was already expecting a call from her father but she didn't expect it to be this late. She chewed on her bottom lip, feeling guilty that she wasn't picking it up.

"What's happening, cariño? Why aren't you answering your phone?" She almost jumped in surprise when Cross suddenly spoke and wrapped his arms around her waist.

They were at the pool area. She went there ahead of him, planning to take a dip into the pool while Cross was still watching basketball, because a friend of his was playing, when her phone rang.

"You startled me!"

He laughed. "I didn't mean to. Sorry." He then planted a soft kiss on her cheek while hugging her from behind and then rested his chin on her shoulder. "Anyway, why aren't you answering your phone?" He was looking at the screen of her phone.

"Is it okay for me to? I mean, they might track where we exactly are right now."

"It's okay. It's not like we're hiding from them. I'm sure, they know that we're here on Cupid's Island anyway. Even after what happened last night, I know that you still want to be in good terms with your parents so you should answer their call." She craned her head and looked at him in disbelief. Truth to be told, she wasn't expecting him to say that and it made her chest swell in happiness.

He wasn't only sweet but understanding too. What more she could ask for?

"Thank you, cariño." He smiled at her and nodded his head. "You're welcome. I'll wait for you in the pool." He then dove into the pool, giving her the privacy she needed. When her phone rang again, she answered it.

"H-Hello, dad."

"Chloe..." Her heart pounded as she heard her father's usual strict voice. She swallowed hard and tried her best to calm herself down.

"I'm glad, you finally answered. We've been worried about you." That took her by surprise. That was the last thing she expected him to say. She thought, he was going to scold her nonstop for what she's done but miraculously, he actually didn't.

"I'm fine, dad. You don't have anything to be worried about." He didn't answer right away for a couple of seconds as if weighing every word that he was going to say first.

"So, you're in Amante Island again." It wasn't a question. Cross was right. They knew where they went to. Well, she expected it already as well.

"Yes, dad."