chapter 46

BON WEEKEND, AMORES! Enjoy reading!

50 comments for the next chapter.

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 46

CHLOE'S eyebrows knitted together. "What are you talking about, Vito?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Looks like you know nothing about Cross. I was right in coming here. It's not yet late, Chloe. Come with me and let's leave this island at once." She gritted her teeth as anger started rising within her. Somehow, she expected for him to at lease respect Cross in a way because no matter what happens, they were siblings.

"Enough. If you're here to badmouth Cross, please, stop. I love him and he loves me. Just leave us alone, Vito." She was about to turn her back on him when he closed the gap between them and stopped her by the hand.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted the last time we met in Tennessee. I just couldn't accept the fact that you chose him over me. I got hurt. I thought of giving up on you but when I learned about Cross' real motive, I had to come here for you. Please, listen to what I have to say." Chloe was surprised for a second as she didn't expect his apology.

Knowing Vito, he was never the type to say sorry even if he was in the wrong. But the fact that he was trying to say something negative about her boyfriend made her mad.

"Vito, please. Let go of my hand." She answered sternly as she tried to pull back her hand but he didn't let it go.

"Chloe, wake up! Cross doesn't love you! He's just using you to spite my family!" She shook her head in disbelief. She couldn't believe that Vito was doing this.

"Let go of me." Her voice was firmer this time while giving him a sharp glare. She was about to pull back her hand more forceful this time when he spoke again. This time, he was calmer yet more determined for her to listen to him.

"Cross doesn't love you, Chloe, and that's a fact. He's only after his inheritance that's why he stole you away from me. When he learned that our parents wanted to marry us off, he did everything he could to stop it by stealing you from me.

"You see, according to the agreement, a son of Mikael Larsen should marry the daughter of Chris Rosenberg which is you. It didn't really specify whom between us. Cross knew this that was why he did everything that he did without thinking whoever gets hurt. If he happens to succeed on marrying you, dad would finally give his inheritance. For him, it's easy as that. He's just using you, Chloe. Believe me." She shook her head repeatedly.

"Why would I believe what you're saying, Vito?"

"Because I am your friend. I was always the one who was beside you after all these years. When you got brokenhearted, I didn't leave you. I stayed and became a good friend to you. You know me, Chloe. I would never say something that isn't true especially things like these."

"N-No. You're lying. Please, stop all this nonsense, Vito!" Even though she refused to believe, her heart pounded in worry and fear. Her heart was

"I'm not lying. I'm only telling you the truth."

"Enough! Why are you doing this to your own brother? Of all people, you, his brother, is the one who vilifies him like this!"

"Brother or not, I don't care! The important thing is for me to do everything to make you open your eyes and finally see the truth about him! I bet, he never mentioned about his true identity to you from the beginning; that he's a Larsen too. Am I right?" Chloe wanted to deny it and say no but she knew that she would only be lying.