chapter 48

Bon weekend! Enjoy reading. :)

50 comments for the next chapter. :)

WARNING!!! This chapter contains MATURE scenes for ADULTS and OPEN-MINDED readers only! Read at your own risk!

♡✩°★- - - - -──────☾ - - - -°✩♡

CHAPTER 48

CHLOE didn't know where they were heading to, but that was the least of her concern. Until now, she still couldn't believe that Cross would spend that huge amount of money just for her. He didn't even blink an eye while throwing his bid as if it was nothing to him.

"Where are we going? The party is about to start." She couldn't hold her curiosity and asked. Normally, the party would start after the auction, and she wanted to see that too.

"Don't worry. We're going to come back later." Cross didn't even throw her a glance. He was just walking briskly without letting go of her hand. They entered the elevator, and he pressed the third-floor button in a hurry.

"Cross—" To her surprise, he suddenly trapped her against the wall of the elevator with his arms on either side of her and claimed her lips for a hungry kiss. She got surprised because she didn't see that coming. She thought, he was mad but seemed not.

It was so hot, needy, and wild that it quickly overwhelmed her senses. She really couldn't believe how strong his effect on her until now.

"Damn...I want you." He uttered huskily when their lips finally parted. Their foreheads were pressed together, and their lips were still touching a little bit.

Her eyebrow was cocked up. "Is this the reason why you pulled me out of that party? And I was even worried that you were mad or something because of what happened."

"Well, I must admit that until now, my blood is still boiling because of the stunt that Vito has pulled at the party. But it's better for me to just forget about it because I don't want to ruin our moment here. I planned something for you that's why I want us to move past what happened and concentrate on both of us."

"What is it about?"

"You'll see. I just wanted to show you something a while ago, but I couldn't help myself the moment we got in the elevator." He was about to kiss her one more time when the elevator opened. He closed his eyes, looking frustrated as he tried to control his urge but to no avail and Chloe couldn't help but laugh.

"God. You look like a horny teenager, cariño. I thought, you were pissed because of what just happened at the auction that's why you pulled me out of there."

"Well, even I can't believe that I managed to control my anger back there. Vito really went too far this time." His face momentarily became menacing while saying that. But then, it softened again. "He should be thankful that you were with me. Because of you, I managed to play it cool and beat him right off the bat. I know him enough to use his weakness against him."

She chewed on her bottom lip and was about to answer when he spoke again.

"I planned something for you that's why I took you here but now, looks like I want to do something else first." His eyes grew smokey with desire and her core clenched in anticipation. She knew that look.

"I can't believe how insatiable you are! Even in this kind of situation, you still find ways to get your way when it comes to things like these." He threw back his head as he guffawed.