Chapter 2

Elegant was the only way to describe the city of Elysium, the streets were paved smooth and the streets were wide enough to let whole carts go through and still let people shop and walk along the sides without having to move out of the way. White marble looked at her as she looked in front of her, the palace was at the far end of the street and were Luna and her family were living was not far from the palace but it was a good walk or a short horse ride to the gate. Her father was a knight to the king so her presence was nothing new to the guards at the gate and they opened it when they saw her coming. "Lady Luna, what do we owe this pleasant visit this time?" one of her friends, Sam asked with a wink. Luna brushed her hair out of her eyes and smiled at her friends.

"I am here to see king Waylyn. I would like to becoming a companion to one of his daughters." she explained and Sam smiled. "Good luck then, should we tell your father that you are here then?" Luna shrugged. "If you want." Sam nodded and spoke to the guard next to him, Luna turned to get a better looked and a grin spread across her face once more. "Lorcan!" she practically screamed and practically launched herself at the burly guard. A grin spread across his wide face and his eyes sparkled as he wrapped her in a hug. "What are you doing here?!" he asked eyeing her. "The Tournament is a month away. Your early." Luna shook her head. "I am not here for the tournament but I will be here when it happens. I am here to fill a position as a ladies companion." Lorcan raised an eyebrow. "Does your father know about this, what about Anna?" Luna laughed. "It was mother who suggested it in the first place, a 'change of scenery.' As she put it, and you and I both know that Edward isn't my father.."

"Well, He is your step-father, whether you like it or not, anyway, tell her hello for me when you get to go back." He said and then turned away from her and his posture stiffened and he faced the city, not saying anything and Luna waited next to him, unsure what to do. She looked to were her friend was looking and saw a tall man talking to another one of the guards and then watched as he turned and started walking towards them and Luna suspected from the sudden change in mood that it was his captain. Not sure what to do Luna just stood there clutching her bag as the captain stared at her. "Who is this Thayer?" Lorcan snapped his eyes to his captain. "This is Luna Silva, Sir. she is applying for a position at the palace, sir and we have been friends ever since we were children, sir." His captain nodded and then looked at Luna. "Well, are you going to let the lady wait outside, escort her inside, I guess the king is waiting for her, lets not keep him waiting anymore." Lorcan nodded and looked at Luna and smiled, reaching out and taking her bag from her and slinging it over his broad shoulder and turned to walk away. Luna made to follow but the captain's voice behind her made her stop and turn back towards him.

"Who is your father, child?" He asked and Luna raised her chin at him. "Sir James Silva." she said and watched as the captains face paled a bit. Her father was known for his role with guarding the king himself and he had given his life in the line of duty. "Well, good to have you here with us, hope that you like your stay." he said and nodded his head at her. Luna smiled and turned back to Lorcan who had stopped and was waiting for her by the gates that were right by the doors. Once she made her way to his side he looked at her and frowned. "What did he want?" He asked, his voice tense. "He wanted to know who my father was." She said and Lorcan chuckled. "You know, if you wanted you could pull rank on him even if you are just a ladies companion, your father and your name have leverage here." He said and Luna nodded, taking that in.

Her family name had leverage here, later when she knew the lay of the land then she wold be able to use that to her advantage. "I didn't know that, so that is why he was scared when I was talking to you, once I mentioned fathers name?" "Yeah, your father was only battled for power by the king and the senior guard, Eli. after that, your father had practically as much power as the high prince, Helian." Luna nodded. "Well, then it shouldn't be hard to get a position then?" Lorcan smiled and shook his head. "I really don't think that you need to do anything, but mention your name and you will get the best position in the palace." Lorcan said and touched her shoulder to turn her towards the hallway that he said led to the courtroom.

Luna sighed and squared her shoulders, she would be facing him, the king, her target, but she would also be facing her father, what would he think when he saw that she was there. Would he think that she had gotten in trouble? She was not yet, but when she saw that the opportune moment arose, then she would raise the dead with what she would do. The monarchy had to fall and she would do whatever she thought was necessary, even if it required kissing the royals feet for months or even years, then she would do it, if it meant that she would gain their trust and become someone that they wouldn't expect.

Once she was in front of the door Lorcan smiled at her face and Luna wondered if her panic was obvious on her face, but by the look that he was giving her that it was. "They don't bite. Im going to be right there, don't worry." Luna smiled and stepped back as he pushed open the door and she stepped inside with him and held her breath.

It was way larger then she thought it was and she started to walk forward, Lorcan right behind her, like a shadow.

The king sat on his throne, Queen Elowyn sat besides him and three children sat next to her, Prince Helian, Prince Quinn and Princess Aryn. Once they got closer Lorcan bowed his head and placed his hand on his heart. "Your royal majesties. May I present Lady Luna Rose Silva. Daughter of Sir James Silva, member of your royal guard." At the mention of the name Luna scanned behind the king and caught her fathers stare. She shot him a smile and turned her attention back to the royals, trying hard to not reach inside her boot and throw the dagger there at the kings throat. Instead she smiles and looked over the royals again, she most likely would be given to the princess so Luna watched her, she would have to know everything about her, to do her job.