Chapter 29

The city of Tethoris was magnificent. That was the only word that Luna could think to describe it. "You really think that we will be able to build an army from the people here?" Sebastian asked Wren who nodded. "The people are loyal once they have a good cause to stand behind. They will stand by you and Lady Luna." Luna looked at her. Why was she all of a sudden using her title? Looking around she wondered how Helian was doing, was the king worried that they were not going to be coming back, or was he celebrating that he had gotten rid of her once and for all?" They rode into the city and all Luna could do was look all around while she and Sebastian followed single file behind Wren who just pushed people out of the way and they followed her without talking. Not sure who was listening, if anyone was here from the king then anything that they would say would be relayed to him and then their plan would be over.

They had to make sure that they were somewhere safe and secure before they talked more about their plans to Wren and whoever wanted to help them. "What if no one wanted to help them?" Luna wondered and pulled her hood further over her face so that she wouldn't be recognized. If the king had sent people after them then they would be looking for her. With her hair it was hard to miss. Especially among the sea of reds, black and brown heads her silver blond hair stood out. "Who are we trying to find?" she asked and Wren didn't say anything, just motioned for them to follow her and they did silently. Sebastian and Luna looked at each other with worried looks. What if Wren really didn't know what she was doing? What if she was leading them into a trap?

As they went through the city Luna looked around as they followed Wren. Soon they came to a clearing in the city and people were gathered watching them. Wren looked at those that had gathered and then looked back at Luna and smiled. "What did I tell you? Given an honest task we will gather behind you..." "Who are all of these people?" Sebastian asked and Wren smiled. "When I met up with you two and Seb, you told me about your plan. I told them and those here want to help, they have been waiting for you to get here so that we can get wherever you need us." Wren said and brushed her long red hair out of her face. Luna looked at those that stood or sat around them, there had to be about fifteen people standing around them. "Do they really want to help?" She asked and Wren smiled.

"From what you have said and from what I have told them, yes. They want the king off his throne as much as me or you do." she said and Luna nodded. "Ok. Who do you want me to meet first?" She asked Wren with a smile and let her pull her into the group of people. Luna looked around the group, could they really trust these people? She wondered and then looked at Wren, she seemed so confidant about her decision. What if she was wrong? What if things didn't go the way that they wanted it and those that they thought were their friends?

Luna shook her head. No, she couldn't think like that, she had to stay focused and think about the outcome. The king dead, the kingdom liberated from his rule. That was what she wanted, that was what everyone here had said that they wanted too. She had to trust Wren and Helian that things were going well back at the palace and that they would be able to put their plan into action soon. They had the army, they just needed to signal that it was all clear to go ahead with their plans.

************************

What was Helian doing all of this time you might ask. He was trying to keep himself sane. Being here with King Waylyn was no picnic that was for sure. Waylyn was keeping him on his toes. For some reason he didn't talk to him about Luna or where she had gone to. He still thought that she was at home, taking care of her mother. Whenever he brought it up he just said that she would be back soon.

It had been almost one month since she and Sebastian had left. He wondered what his father thought about it, what did he think that they were doing? Helian didn't like that, he didn't like that he was here alone while Luna was out there by herself, well she was with Sebastian. Helian walked down the hallway, Aryn was somewhere here and he wondered if she was as worried as he was about Luna. He shouldn't be worried should he, he trusted Sebeastian with his life and now he had to trust him with Luna's as well. Hopefully they were getting things done, here there was nothing that they had to worry about. The king didn't really do anything unless he asked them to do something for him. Helian just spent most of his time wandering the palace and sending Luna and Sebastian letters telling them what was going on but lately most of them hadn't been very useful.

One of the things that he did have was his mother, she was the one person that seemed to understand what he wanted and what their plan was. It was interesting to hear what he had done to her. Come to find out he had cheated on her when they were first married and he had told her that it was a mistake and that it wouldn't happen again. That was a lie. It happened again and it was with the same person as before. Helian found out that he had another brother by his father and his fathers mistress it was a lot to process so that is why now after hearing that Helian was in the gardens, trying to wrap his head around all of the information that he had just been given by his mother Queen Elowyn, she had told him all of this information about an hour ago and he was still trying to process that he had another brother, not Quinn or Kalon. He had another one and he was older than Kalon. Shaking his head, he had to talk to his father.