Chapter 45

Luna saw her and nudged Helian. "What is her deal?" she asked, eyeing Venom from where she now sat across from where the dais was. He watched where she was looking and shook his head. "I have no idea. I don't even know why she is here. She isn't on any of the guest lists. My father was very particular about who could come and who couldn't." he said. "Maybe I can see if she is on any of the lists and if she is then we will know where she comes from." Helian suggested. She nodded "That might work, how are we going to convince the guards to let us see the list?" she asked. "Well, your father has influence here, use that to get the lists." he suggested. Luna nodded. "That might work, but who would I go to, who would be willing to let me see them?" she asked.

"Any of them, Just tell them that you have to do it for me. They know that whatever I tell them they have to do. So it shouldn't be so hard." "Will that work?" she asked as she looked around the ballroom. "Don't worry about it, if you tell me that you are doing it for me then it shouldn't be a problem. If something happens then let me know and I'll come and help" She nodded. "Okay, I'll send Aryn to you if something happens." she said and stood.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw him nod but his eyes didn't leave Venom from where she was now watching him. Should he go talk to her? Would she have something to tell him? Was she here for a good reason or was it something that he would have to take care of? Helian watched her and waited for Luna to come back.

Luna made her way through the ballroom and towards the doors, if she could get out then it would be easier to get the information that she needed. Once she was out of the room Luna leaned against the wall and sighed. What if she couldn't do this? She wondered and closed her eyes for a moment. This was not what she wanted to happen. Looking back into the room Luna scanned the room for the girl, finding her she sighed, she had not moved.

Thinking for a moment she wondered how she would be able to find out about her and an idea came to her. What if she went and see if someone knew who she was? Shaking her head she made up her mind and saw Helian looking around the room. For her she thought and ducked out of his line of sight and moved down the hallway. Venom made her way towards the eastern park of the palace. That was where all of the guards would be that were not on duty. Maybe she would be able to get some answers and information from them if they hated the king as much as she did and she would hopefully be able to find information about Venom while she was at it.