Prologue - Awakening

This is the usual plot where rifts appear all over the world and humans begin to awaken mysterious powers to combat these rifts.

People awaken at random, unbiased by age, gender, health, or social standing.

These awakener's abilities are determined by the Rank, which can very from F (the lowest) to SSS (the highest), and the type which varies quite randomly.

But it has been determined by public opinion that one type is seen as almost completely useless by public opinion....

Gacha.

The gacha type's abilities vary depending on luck and the rank of the awakened ability. So if you're born as a F Ranked Gacha type, you're seem as less than utter trash, since the highest item you can pull is F ranked. But if you're somehow magically able to come out with a B Rank or higher Gacha.... Then you'll be coveted by quite literally the entire world! Since even a F ranked sword is batter than any modern weapon in case of attack power.... But comparing it to a weapon of higher rank, it's like the difference between night and day!

Especially since there's only a handful of B+ Ranked Gacha users in the world....

You can see why everyone wants them.

But it's not like F Ranked Gachas are worthless! They can still be hired by the military as arms dealers!

If they're that lucky that is....

For you see.... Even with a Gacha type, depending on sheer fucking luck, you could only be able to pull various food items! Or even worse! Garbage!

So do you see why people dread pulling the Gacha type?

Anyway our protagonist is none other than one Puck Gier, a orphan due to the rift outbreaks with literally zero friends.

Why does he have no friends you may ask? Well it's not because he's a shut-in or a introvert.... The fact of the matter is that he was abandoned by everyone he once called a friend for the sole reason that he wasn't able to awaken a ability. Now I know I said that you can awaken a ability whenever, but some would say the earlier the better!

So as all his friends started to awaken abilities one after one, he was soon left on the dust. Alone. At the age of 21 with no ability. Not to say normal people don't exist, they're just a 1/10,000 chance of happening at this day in age....

The only solace he had was the fact that he was absolutely addicted to Gacha games! Despite the hate for Gacha type abilities, Gacha type games are on the rise and still holding strong!

So of course he's gotten addicted to them! It's literally the only reason why he has a pc and phone in the first place!

Speaking of which....

He was actually currently grinding on one of his favorite Gachas! Dragon Ball Z Dokkan!

He's a free to play player of course, but that doesn't mean he was by any means struggling at all! If his level 894 account was anything to go by!

He was just about to draw on the newest banner....

It appeared.

~CONGRATULATIONS!~

He nearly threw his phone when this sudden message appeared before his eyes. He first thought that starring at a screen for so long that he started to see things.

But after a moment of thought.... He soon realized what was happening and he could barely restrain his excitement. His hand were literally shaking as they slowly approaches the usual translucent blue screen before they finally made contact with it.