Chapter 26 - Small Filler

Outside the Dungeon (Alaska's Climate Has Finally Returned to Normal)~

There were hundreds of reporters and Awakener Bureau representatives surrounding the, currently active, dungeon portal.

The reason why they were gathered in front of, seemingly normal, gate?

Well that answer was easy.

You see, some 4 weeks prior a newly registered S Ranked Gacha user was seen heading into the dungeon, but never exited said dungeon.

Now that's not uncommon, any other time they would've marked this down as a unsuccessful dungeon clearance and plan to mourne the dead after forming a rescue team to clear the dungeon and hopefully retrieve what was left of the body.

A S Rank's body becomes property of the Awakener's Bureau after death after all.

But this time it was different.

You see....

This dungeon wasn't registered with the Awakener's Bureau and privately owned, so it was out of their jurisdiction, even if one of their awakeners' was trapped inside, they'd need permission to enter said dungeon.

Not to mention that it was registered under a very famous and influential family....

That, and the awakener wasn't actively registered in any guilds, so forming a rescue team would take a while.

But, what had to be the oddest thing....

Was the fact that the dungeon was still very much active.

Meaning that it was still in the process of being cleared, meaning no one was able to enter until it was either cleared, or the active participant/s were dead.

So they've been patiently waiting with baited breath for the past few weeks for any sign of change in the ominously swirling red portal.
_________________________

But there was one person who seemed the most worried, despite her "calm" outwards appearance.

A certain brunette guild master paced impatiently back and forth in front of a few of her guild members, who were all suited up and prepared for the worst case scenario.

"That stupid bastard!" She hissed to herself, biting the tip of her thumb as she thought about the recent rookie she just recently took a liking to. "Why the hell did you have to go into a place like that?! Especially by yourself?! There's a limit to how arrogant a rookie's allowed to be!"

She turned to punch a nearby tree out of frustration when the sound of the reporters shouting reached her ears.

Stopping in her tracks, Rebecca turned just in time to see a long black limousine pulling into the scene.

She immediately recognized the grandiose embroidered gold bell design on the hood. "Great just my luck.... The hell are they doing here?.... Wait a second! Don't tell me....?!"

Rebecca couldn't finish her thought as one Olivia Weepingbell stepped foot out the back of the limo, only to be met by hundreds of cameras flashing in her face.

Her guards quickly came to her rescue as she made her way to the dungeon portal before turning to face the hoard of reporters.

"Mrs. Olivia! Mrs. Olivia! Are you here to give a statement on the recent incident of a newly registered S Rank Awakener entering one of the dungeons under the control of the Weepingbell family?!" A reporter managed to exclaim over the sound of the other reporters.

Olivia simply gave a small serene smile before calmly replying. "This is one of the many dungeons under the control ofy family. It was recently discovered to be dangerously close to a dungeon break, so we simply went and acquired the help of Mr.Puck Gier. That is all. Me and my family have the most trust in his ability to handle a gate if this magnitude by himself."

The reporters, and even some of the gathered awakeners, were in an uproar at this point.

"Does this mean that the newly discovered S Ranked Gacha user is under the Weepingbell family?!"

"What's your relationship with Puck Gier?!"

"What makes you so confident that a simple Gacha Class would be able to clear a dungeon of unknown rank by himself?!"

"Do you know the current rank of the dungeon Mr.Puck has been given the duty of clearing?!"

The questions that were flying at Olivia accurately targeted the thoughts of those that were gathered, yet they just kept flowing one after another.

It almost seemed like they were endless, and any normal person would've been easily overwhelmed.

But Olivia Weepingbell looked as calm as ever.

She gave everyone a genuinely beautiful smile as her eyes drifted over the gathered people before finally landing on Rebecca's own. "I assure you that my family knows exactly the rank of this dungeon and see it as a good opportunity for Mr.Puck to grow even stronger! And no, Puck is not under my family....yet.... This is simply an investment. An actually of good will in hopes of making a connection and friendship with Mr.Puck. Nothing more. And the rank of this dungeon is, simply...."

As she was the saying this, the dungeon behind her began to swirl and spark violently, flashing different shades of red and purple before slowly fading to a bluish hue.

"....SS Ranked." She says simply, smiling and gesturing to the portal behind her as if it was normal.

The reporters were speechless as the portal suddenly implodes in on itself, leaving a crater in its wake.

And inside said crater....

Was the body of one Puck Gier.

To Be Continued~
_______________________________________________

End Chapter 26~

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter, just wanted to give you guys something while you waited. Next one will be longer, I promise! <3