Chapter 28 - The Beginning of the End

Barren.

That was the word to describe what was left of the state of Alaska.

It was either that....

Or warzone.

It looked like several nukes had went off and completely ruined what was once a beautiful, green, lustrous part of the northern continent.

An asteroid size crater was left in the center from the clash of, what could be described as, two monsters.

Though the word "relief" was often used a lot in conjunction with the others.

It was a relief that the Weepingbell family were so quick in responding along with the Awakener's Bureau to evacuate the northern state.

There were no casualties.....

It was a relief that the Black Hawk Guild was there to stop the dungeon break from spreading further and keep the monsters from escaping into Canada and further beyond....

And it was a relief that the one hunter....

The one and only hunter that was able to hold off the godlike boss monster....

Was there to face the beast and ultimately defeat it after what felt like a year long struggle....

The battle ended after 5 hours.

Which was marked as humanity's first victory against the calamities that were to come....

And the last.
________________________

The dungeon break in Alaska was just the start however.

Like dominos set in a line....

Dungeon break after dungeon break fell upon the unsuspecting countries of earth.

The people of the US were lucky.

Thanks to the quick response from the first responders, the Weepingbell family, the dungeon break in Alaska only lasted for a moment and didn't have time to spread.

Thus, the Weepingbell family's name spread throughout the continent.

All thanks to their star, Olivia Weepingbell....

Who, like the rumored genius she is, used the newly awakened S Ranked rookie, Puck Gier, as a spear head to spread the Weepingbell's influence all over the globe.

Olivia became the model of the Weepingbell family.

You couldn't hear the Weepingbell family name with having Olivia come up at the same time.

Her sphere of influence was massive and, even though she was the only Weepingbell in the family's long history to not be an awakened, her genius in all other aspects of life shined brighter than ever.

Decisiveness, leadership, communication skills, ethics, approachability, beauty, finance management, analysis, creativity....

She didn't lack in any of these categories.

And that's exactly how Puck somehow got roped into being Olivia's quote on quote "childhood friend" and ticket to fame....

Though you had to admit, Olivia Weepingbell had the uncanny ability to turn any situation into a profit.

That's one of the many reasons why Puck also agreed to being in a partnership with the Weepingbell family.

A sponsor, if you will....

Plus, of course, Olivia and Puck weren't the only one who benefited from the Dungeon break in Alaska.

Rebecca Washington and her Black Hawk guild became famous for having a huge part in taking down "The Colossus", which was the nickname for the boss monster that appeared from the dungeon break.