(Season 2 Start!) Chapter 18 - First Contact

Puck was at a loss for words.

He honestly wasn't expecting the auction house fiasco be the turning point in his career as an awakener....

But that's exactly what happened.

Not too long after the incident, it was found out that, not only did he defeat that kid that claimed Diablo, but he also wiped out all traces of the cult members that were behind him.

At least that's what the Awakener's Bureau told the media.

But in truth, Puck knew that right before his "Full Counter" had the chance to fully activate, in that short instance, that little brat had enough time to use the moment to open a portal for himself and his fellow agents to escape.

The whole situation was unbelievably frustrating for Puck, especially since he didn't get the chance to sell the "Lich's Great Staff", nor the chance to even fully rest afterwards since he was immediately swarmed by reporters after getting checked up by some paramedics.

Thankfully no one died, but the result of the auction was worse than anything he was expecting.

Hell, you couldn't turn on the TV without hearing his name somewhere!

Puck swore that if he hated talk shows before, he completely loathed them now.

This entire time he thought this was what he wanted when he became an awakener....

Yeah, fuck that!

This was the one time he had to admit that he was completely wrong.

Well at least a few things good came out of the aftermath.

Everyone that was involved in the auction were reimbursed and received a heartfelt apology from the auction house and Awakener's Bureau respectively, in the form of $300,000 and a free pass to a dungeon of their choosing....

That's what the awakeners involved received anyway.

He also heard that all the "normal" people involved just received an unbelievable amount of money.

Still though, that was way more money than he knew what to do with, so he decided to not think on it too hard and instead focus on leveling up and attaining new equipment....

At least that was the the plan anyway.

But who would've thought that the Mrs. Hare from the auction house, was actually Olivia Weepingbell?! The child of an incredibly power and rich family of awakeners and #1 on the awakener's list of most beautiful awakeners in the world?!

Hell, after getting swarmed by the media, Puck's image was being heatedly debated on whether or not he'd be pushed into the top ten on that list.

Which was a huge confidence boost, but also incredibly troublesome since his residence wasn't exactly that well kept of a secret.

Not like he was trying to hide it anything, but the current situation he's currently in could've been avoided if he had simply moved out of his rinky dink apartment as soon as he signed duo with the Awakener's Bureau....

But noooooo~! He just had to be sentimental and a hoarder! He couldn't moved all the shit he's got stock piled if he tried!

And he's perfectly content with where he is! Thank you very much!

Oh, and if you're curious about his current predicament, we'll have to go back to around 10 hours ago, right after he finally managed to escape the swarm of reporters that chased him away from the auction house.

After the collected his "Lich's Great Staff" and said goodbye to Leo of course!

He's not an idiot!

_________________________________________
10 Hours Ago~ In a Random Alleyway: