Chapter 40 - The Truth Behind Ragnarok

Somewhere under the Awakener's Association - Meeting of the UN: 10 Minutes Prior to the Dungeon Breaks~

A lone man sat at the head of a large round table with multiple robed figures seated around it.

The only light illuminating the dark room were several braziers, glowing with a strange blue ethereal flame.

One of these said figures gathered around the table was a familiar feline shape.

Another was the same size of a child and had his feet kicked up on the table, his feet kicked up on the table.

"I assume Billy won't be joining us....?" A rather smooth, yet hissy voice, came from one of the taller robed figures.

"Of course not! That fool's too busy trying to stall for time! He's never been able to see the bigger picture! So he can die with the rest of those worthless pieces of shit!" Another figure snapped in a strangely feminine tone.

The man at the head of the table simply fixed the glasses at the edge of his nose so that they were now reflecting the dim light radiating off the braziers in the room, hiding his gaze from view.

This man in question had rather short black hair, slicked back and held in a high bun on his head. He had a stern, emotionless look on his and his attire reflected his "all business" attitude. He wore a light grey suit and black leather gloves, an x-shaped scar marked his left cheek.

With this simple movement alone, the entire round table fe silent once more.

The stillness and pent up energy in the room was palpable as the man's body radiated a feint blood red energy.

"We'll be having guests soon.... One of them is a important figure that we can't hope to offend. So all of you must be on your best behavior, understood?" The man said in an even time, yet it held an edge of authority that no one around the table even dared to disobey.

Having several nods of understanding, the man unfolded his hands from in front of his face and sat up fully in his chair, his eyes closed and a small friendly smile splitting his face.

"Good. Diablo. Leo. Please, lead our guests inside. I'll be meeting them shortly...." The supposed leader ordered the two smallest amongst those gathered.

The two robed figures simply nodded before disappearing in their respective waves of energy, one a golden brown and the other an ominous black.

The man's face slowly split open into a wide crazed grin, his usual clam black eyes now replaced with two unearthly blue orbs that glowed with fiery blood red energy.

"It's all finally falling into place! Lord Zeus.... Your marvelous Ragnarok is finally at hand! Soon, we'll finally have the remaining piece...."

The man stood and began to pace around the table, those gathered beginning to disappear one after another as he moved to a balcony overlooking an unholy alter surrounded by robed civilians, worshipping a state of a wolf/hyena like creature that was being suspended by chains, blood was freely running from the creature's maw and a black cloth was hiding its eyes from view.

"....Your son!"

The man threw his hands in the air in a dramatic flourish, the demonic statue beginning to glow in an ungodly energy that pulsed like a steady heart beat.

And just below the statue's feet, on a small plaque that was worn and unreadable even by the oldest of civilizations, read:

Heres Gier jacet, insana. Puer a deo benedictus et ab eodem deo dampnatus, quem ei uita dedit. O semideus natus ex carne et osse igne pro sanguine .... Quaeso, da nobis libertatem quae est Ragnarok.
_________________________
Back with Puck and Odin~