Chapter 38 - Back in Action!

The Garden of Eden.

The lady bastion of the dragons, seen as a sacred and mythical place by many....

....and the birthplace of humanity....

Now lay in ruins.

What was once a glorious and ethereal realm full of plants and vegetation from all ages and regions, was now nothing more than a barren wasteland.

A battlefield full of craters, claw marks, and the bodies of monstrous beasts....

But, despite the carnage, the Tree of Yggdrasil, the source and pillar of life throughout every conceivable multiverse and timeline, still stood strong. Pulsing with an ethereal green and blue energy that surged up towards the sky in wisp like trails, it sat in the center of what was once the Garden of Eden....

The sound of raging battle could still be heard echoing throughout the war-torn landscape.

And at the center of it all was a gargantuan, blood red, nine tailed fox that was one fourth the size of the tree of Yggdrasil itself!

The fox let out a monstrous screech-like roar that shook the foundations of the world tree to its very core as it clashed against a similarly massive lizard-like creature with six heads that attempted to halt the massive fox's movements using its large serptantine-like body.

Sitting on the heads of these massive behemoths were two men whose gazes refused to waver from the others.

Their eyes locked in a clash of wills as their armies clashed beneath their feet.

The man standing atop the massive lizard's head was noticeably older with a long, white, flowing beard, a head full of wild white hair, an eye patch over one eye, donning a dark blue robe with gold embroidery, a staff in hand, and two ravens on either of his shoulders. His left eye was covered by a black and gold plated eye patch while his right was left uncovered and was glowing with a dangerous unearthly golden glow.

This was Odin, the All Father, and his rage was palpable of the bulging veins on his forehead were anything to go by.

He was currently releasing enough navy blue mana to suffocate the planet several hundred times over, and it was all directed at the man standing on the massive demonic fox's head opposite of him.

The man who was standing opposite of Odin, looking quite confident with a smirk on his face and his hands in his pockets, was no other than Puck Gier himself.

A mysterious aura that was a combination of gold, white, black, and red, enveloped his body as he stared down the god before him.

Puck's body was covered in gold and black scale like plate armor that left nothing but head in view. He had a massive gold tail with a flaming black tip of fur at the end. Two massive clawed gauntlets donned his hands and the scale like armor crawled up his neck and onto his cheek in three claw marks. His eyes were now more draconic in nature, one being a furious red with a sharp black pupils, while the other being a demonic black with an equally sharp red pupil. A demonic black crown and two massive gold horns completed his look, the crown sitting atop his head and the horns taking residence on his forehead respectively. Multiple red and white runes littered his body and he seemed quite confident in his victory as a massive black and red wave of energy proceeded to tear a trench into the ground not too far away from them.

One could faintly hear the exclamation of "Getsuga tenshou!" could be heard before the wave of destructive energy was released.

This caused a nasty scowl to appear on Odin's face, which in return caused a wide grin to split Puck's own as he quickly threw out a thumbs up towards a haired warrior on his side of the battlefield.